By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 9 June 2018

quickrick said:

The problem is from i understand is even if you bought the DLC on switch, and you log into a ps4 even for 5 minutes you can no longer play on switch, if thats true, then that needs to be fixed.

You're locked to the platform you played first. If you've played on Switch before you cannot play on PS4 and vice versa, so you're not going to be a situation where you buy DLC for a system, then play on the ps4 and lose access to the dlc.

OFC it's still terrible.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
quickrick said:

The problem is from i understand is even if you bought the DLC on switch, and you log into a ps4 even for 5 minutes you can no longer play on switch, if thats true, then that needs to be fixed.

You're locked to the platform you played first. If you've played on Switch before you cannot play on PS4 and vice versa, so you're not going to be a situation where you buy DLC for a system, then play on the ps4 and lose access to the dlc.

OFC it's still terrible.

Yea then i don't see that as big deal. people just like to make a big deal over anything imo. if you bought stuff on PSN for fortnight i don't see why anybody expects they can use it on switch or xbox.

FentonCrackshell said:
Shaunodon said:

Has nothing to do with sales, it's about their anti-consumer acts like most recently with Fortnite. I'm arguing with a guy who was literally praising Sony for trying to monopolize a game they didn't make, and saying they should be given credit because they made a Fortnite bundle.
Are you honestly defending that?

OK I bit. When I see that blue icon I have to investigate. Which part of your Fortnite angst had to do with 60fps? Or BOTW? Or Nintendo setting the standard while never achieving 60fps which you say is vastly important to you? The Fortnite thing is a bad move on Sony’s part. I don’t like it but there’s no monopolizing it. Sony isn’t preventing other players from playing Fortnite. Sony isn’t buying Fortnite exclusivity. What Sony is doing is saying Sony accounts can’t play on other consoles. Sony players can play with mobile and PC gamers, just not Switch and Xbox players. It’s a bad move by Sony but not a backbreaker. And finally, please stop stating your opinion as if it’s fact. That’s never a good look. 

I wasn't the first person to mention 60fps, so dont' ask me that. I mentioned BoTW since it's one of the few 30fps Nintendo games. And while I think 60fps is still very important, I never compared it to portability. There are games I'm willing to sacrifice higher framerate if I can take it on the go.

quickrick said:
Barkley said:

OFC it's still terrible.

Yea then i don't see that as big deal. people just like to make a big deal over anything imo. if you bought stuff on PSN for fortnight i don't see why anybody expects they can use it on switch or xbox.

By that logic you shouldn't be able to play on PC or Mobile after playing on PSN. The issue isn't that your DLC doesn't carry over anyway, the issue is your epic games account is locked out from ever playing on Switch/Xbox if you played it on PS4. There's no reason for it.

Barkley said:
quickrick said:

By that logic you shouldn't be able to play on PC or Mobile after playing on PSN. The issue isn't that your DLC doesn't carry over anyway, the issue is your epic games account is locked out from ever playing on Switch/Xbox if you played it on PS4. There's no reason for it.

unless sony makes it clear it's doing crossplay like it has with fortnite for PC and mobile, why the hell would i expect it? and whats the big deal about a epic account? can't you just make a new one easily? or i guess because it has friend lists and stuff, IDK i'm not into online gaming.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
FentonCrackshell said:

OK I bit. When I see that blue icon I have to investigate. Which part of your Fortnite angst had to do with 60fps? Or BOTW? Or Nintendo setting the standard while never achieving 60fps which you say is vastly important to you? The Fortnite thing is a bad move on Sony’s part. I don’t like it but there’s no monopolizing it. Sony isn’t preventing other players from playing Fortnite. Sony isn’t buying Fortnite exclusivity. What Sony is doing is saying Sony accounts can’t play on other consoles. Sony players can play with mobile and PC gamers, just not Switch and Xbox players. It’s a bad move by Sony but not a backbreaker. And finally, please stop stating your opinion as if it’s fact. That’s never a good look. 

I wasn't the first person to mention 60fps, so dont' ask me that. I mentioned BoTW since it's one of the few 30fps Nintendo games. And while I think 60fps is still very important, I never compared it to portability. There are games I'm willing to sacrifice higher framerate if I can take it on the go.

I know you weren’t the first to mention it. But you are the one who turned it into a topic of argument. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Shaunodon said:
FentonCrackshell said:

lol how can you say 60fps is important to you then say this.

Righto, this thread has been derailed enough, let get things back on topic. And give me a second to access the damages.

quickrick said:
Barkley said:

unless sony makes it clear it's doing crossplay like it has with fortnite for PC and mobile, why the hell would i expect it? and whats the big deal about a epic account? can't you just make a new one easily? or i guess because it has friend lists and stuff, IDK i'm not into online gaming.

Has all of your progress and stats on it, I.E you spend hundreds of hours levelling up on PS4 and want to play on Switch/Xbox? Well you'll have to create a new account and lose all the progress you've made, and items you've unlocked.

It's not crossplay that's the main problem, it's your account being locked.

You may have even barely played it on PS4, I.E hundreds of hours on PC/Mobile and 20 minutes on PS4 to check it out, your account with hundreds of hours is now locked from ever playing on Xbox/Switch because of those 20 minutes.

Barkley said:
quickrick said:

Has all of your progress and stats on it, I.E you spend hundreds of hours levelling up on PS4 and want to play on Switch/Xbox? Well you'll have to create a new account and lose all the progress you've made, and items you've unlocked.

It's not crossplay that's the main problem, it's your account being locked.

You may have even barely played it on PS4, I.E hundreds of hours on PC/Mobile and 20 minutes on PS4 to check it out, your account with hundreds of hours is now locked from ever playing on Xbox/Switch because of those 20 minutes.

Ok i understand now, i don't understand why sony is doing this, doesn't make any sense. I guess we can get back on topic now.