By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - European Sales, includes Digital.

quickrick said:
MrWayne said:

You should at least mention that this chart does not include the digital Numbers of Nintendo, Bethesda and Konami.

the retail only chart is:

1. FIFA18
2. God of War
3. GTS
4. GTA 5
5. Far Cry 5
6. Mario Kart 8D
7. DKC:TF
8. Detroid:BH
9. HZD
10. Super Mario Odyssey

I'm surprised to see GTS so high up on that list also the retail + digital numbers for other sony games like SotC and Tlou:Remastered are really good, i wonder if there was some kind of deal.

Digital and physical charts tell us way more. I think 40-50% of game sales on playstation 4 are digital, while switch it's probably very little

Check out the different Switch software sales threads (First party, third party), you'll see that this assumption just ain't true anymore nowadays. While it's certainly lower than on PS4 and XBO, it's mostly between 15-30%, depending on the game

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
What's meant by "Europe"? Does it mean the whole of the continent (probably not), or what?

Regardless, without actual figures... meh.

Probably either European Union or the Eurozone

GTA forever in top 10, alot of europeans that buy a console only for FIFA ,COD and GTA.

Stuart23 said:
Question: They do not count Nintendo numbers. Okay. Does that mean it doesn't count Nintendo games or games on Nintendo consoles?

it counts everthing, except nintendo Digital.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
quickrick said:

Digital and physical charts tell us way more. I think 40-50% of game sales on playstation 4 are digital, while switch it's probably very little

Check out the different Switch software sales threads (First party, third party), you'll see that this assumption just ain't true anymore nowadays. While it's certainly lower than on PS4 and XBO, it's mostly between 15-30%, depending on the game

I always read its like 10% to 20% max. zhugex mentions that nintendo is massively behind sony in Digital sales.

Last edited by quickrick - on 25 June 2018

Around the Network

I'm not gonna lie I always roll my eyes a little bit when I see FIFA dominate Europe. It forces me to play it as the only multiplayer option a good portion of my friends have.