By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How MS failed at GTA IV.. again...

Legend11 said:
Microsoft should definitely come out and tell people a lot more about the episodic content.

i think they have told people enough. almost anyone who has actually looked into gta4 knows about the content. the only think more that they can do now is a tv commercial stressing the content.

Around the Network

I find it interesting that on this board most Xbox 360 fans are willing to point out what mistakes Microsoft made or what they feel are mistakes and discuss them. The reason I find it interesting is that in my experience it almost never happens with fans of Nintendo and Sony consoles.

Because sony and nintendo dont make mistakes. Ever.

"most" xbox 360 fans? lol, the only one who has been able to prove himself as truly reasonable is Gebx, you're not as bad as Starcraft or Madskillz, Legend, but its not like you're posting bad things about the 360 left and right.

BCNR34 said:
"most" xbox 360 fans? lol, the only one who has been able to prove himself as truly reasonable is Gebx, you're not as bad as Starcraft or Madskillz, Legend, but its not like you're posting bad things about the 360 left and right.

Here's one:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22211

I'm curious, could you post a link to a thread in which you criticize something Sony has done?

Around the Network

i don't think you understand what i meant by bad...

also, you don't have to be a sony hater to be an xbox fan.

There are two ways to look at MS's strategy. Either they are holding their cards, with plans to advertise the devil out of the game right before launch OR they will do some advertising before launch, and have an ad blitz right before the content is released. Based on their $50M loan to R*, I think they'll do both. I do think they should have did a lot more advertising up until this point, though.

Regardless, I am getting the game and the content when it's available. I do think Peter Moore bailing has hurt MS big time, especially with something this big.

BCNR34 said:
i don't think you understand what i meant by bad...

also, you don't have to be a sony hater to be an xbox fan.

I started the thread on the Rrod at GDC?  Would that not be counted as reporting on the bad aspects of the Xbox 360?  At the end of the day I think this is your situation:

-Bought an expensive PS3 (probably at full price).

-Realized the PS3 wasn't going to dominate game numbers, game quality or console sales like the PS2.

-Desperately sought to justify your purchase.

I haven't once seen you contribute anything remotely signifying information, analysis or logic on these boards.  All you do is accuse people of being trolls and fanboys because they don't think the sun shines out of Sony's ass, as evidenced by the criticisms on your wall. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Legend11 said:
BCNR34 said:

Here's one:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22211

I'm curious, could you post a link to a thread in which you criticize something Sony has done?

Somehow I doubt it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

BCNR34 said:
gebx you're so reasonable, it hurts.

Yeah, you need to troll a little now and then to keep up appearances.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks