By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What country produces the best for these mediums?

Music - USA
Movies - USA
TV Shows - Japan (including animation), otherwise USA
Games - Japan (25 out of 50 for my top games, maybe the other 25 are USA, but unlikely)
Animation - Japan
Comics - Japan
Cars - Germany
Sports- USA
Technology- USA

Around the Network

Everything United States

Mnementh said:
HomokHarcos said:

The only TV drama I know much about is WWE if that counts. So the USA for that.

Never watched Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, Jessica Jones, The Expanse, Sense 8 and so on?

I actually haven't watched any of those.

Farsala said:
Music - USA
Movies - USA
TV Shows - Japan (including animation), otherwise USA
Games - Japan (25 out of 50 for my top games, maybe the other 25 are USA, but unlikely)
Animation - Japan
Comics - Japan
Cars - Germany
Sports- USA
Technology- USA

Ok I'll put the USA for sports as well since I like to watch MLB, NFL and NHL.

Nowadays or overall? If it’s overall:

Music: Germany
Movies: France
Video Games: Japan
Animation: Japan
Comics: United States

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

What about food guys.

Mystro-Sama said:
Music: Jamaica

Movies: USA

Video Games: USA

Animation: Japan

Comics: Japan

My man.

The US wins me over. They have the major advantage of being the most populous highly economically developped country in the world. Countries in Europe have a hard time competing with the US due to the popluation difference, while the countries with populations high enough to compete aren't economically developped enough to have the same output anyway. US also has the advantage of english being the lingua franca so English content can be consumed most places on earth. The same could not be said for chinese content for instance.

Music: US
Movies: US
Games: US
Animation: US
Comics: Abstain. Don't read enough comics to vote.

Teeqoz said:
The US wins me over. They have the major advantage of being the most populous highly economically developped country in the world. Countries in Europe have a hard time competing with the US due to the popluation difference, while the countries with populations high enough to compete aren't economically developped enough to have the same output anyway. US also has the advantage of english being the lingua franca so English content can be consumed most places on earth. The same could not be said for chinese content for instance.

Music: US
Movies: US
Games: US
Animation: US
Comics: Abstain. Don't read enough comics to vote.

Music: United States
Movies: United States
Video games: United States. If you asked me during the nes-ps2 era I would've defiinantly said Japan. MGS, KH, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Legend of Zelda, Mario, Metroid, FF, ect. Now these games hardly come out and sometimes they aren't even good.
Animation : United States
Comics: United States

Music: UK/US
Movies: US due to the broad scale of it. South Korea, France, and Germany are also strong contenders
Games: The US and Japan have both been able to create some of the most revered and critically adored games of all time. I lean towards Japan since they basically invented the video game industry as we know it today.
Animation: Japan. Anime is such a large portion of the Japanese culture that it manages to escape the stigma that animation is meant solely for children. Despite Japan being better, the US has been able to make many good pieces of animated media: (Archer, Rick and Morty, etc.)
TV Shows: UK/US
Comics: US. Marvel, DC, Archie, Dark Horse, Image Comics and IDW Publishing are huge juggernauts in the comic book business. Belgium, Germany, and Japan have created some great comics, but they have not had anywhere near the same success as American ones have had.

A lot of the US's success comes down to it's gigantic population, but other countries have the same amount of potential to make a product that resonates on a worldwide level.