By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some things you were personally expecting (to any degree) this E3 that didn't show?

Was definitely convinced Square Enix would want to capitalize on Avengers buzz and talk about their Marvel games, not that I really cared too much about them. Splinter Cell also seemed like a guarantee.

Was sad but not surprised to have no Fallout 3 Remaster (even though that's a small wish) considering it's the anniversary, and thought EA would want to follow up Burnout Paradise Remastered with a new line of older games coming back. Other than that I tried to walk into this E3 without a ton of expectations, that's a really easy way to leave disappointed haha

Around the Network

The most for me is Yoshi for Switch. What the heck is happening to that game Nintendo?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

I was expecting some news regarding Age of Empires.

the biggest surprise for me was that Super Mario Party was the only game reveal they had. they didnt even have some obscure first party title, or some previously unannounced or rumored third party title get a dedicated trailer. we didnt even get a Metroid Prime 4 type reveal where we saw the development announcement and nothing else. they just didnt have anything. of the 42 minutes they had, 25 were spent on SSBU, meaning we only got 17 minutes (15 accounting for transitions and live speaks) of actual game trailers. thats basically a Nintendo Direct Mini, nowhere near what i expect for an E3 presentation.

I just don't understand why Yoshi wasn't there in any capacity after being heavily demoed on Treehouse last year. I was so sure that was coming out this year

Around the Network

Ridge Racer 8 ?

New Super Mario Bros. 3/ 2D Mario for Switch.

I guess that would steal Yoshi's thunder though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

DJjazzyGETH said:
Was definitely convinced Square Enix would want to capitalize on Avengers buzz and talk about their Marvel games, not that I really cared too much about them. Splinter Cell also seemed like a guarantee.

Was sad but not surprised to have no Fallout 3 Remaster (even though that's a small wish) considering it's the anniversary, and thought EA would want to follow up Burnout Paradise Remastered with a new line of older games coming back. Other than that I tried to walk into this E3 without a ton of expectations, that's a really easy way to leave disappointed haha

The sad part is my expectations were low. A new bayo trailer when it was already announced, a Metroid Prime 4 trailer, and a title card for a new Monolith Soft game we know is coming hardly seems unfair.

Didn't expect anything, wasn't disappointed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I figured we'd see Yoshi,Bayo 3, teaser for Retro's game and my other wish was the long rumored Pikmin 4,which I'm 100% sure doesn't even exist anymore or at all at this point

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick