By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Won May NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBOx)

DonFerrari said:

zorg1000 said:

What are you even arguing about? Its not an either/or situation.

Last year had supply issues but sales were still good and this years sales are good.

I'm arguing exactly the person doing an either/or.

If you say 2018 sales are good because it is similar to 2017 then you shouldn't be excusing 2017 on stock. Because saying 2017 would be bigger with more stock, then 2018 isn't good since it only done equal 2017 because 2017 had stock issues.

No hes not.

Saying 2017 had stock issues is not saying that sales were bad, its saying that sales could have been better.

If 2017 sales were good than 2018 sales are good as well since they are the same.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Though I think Smash Bros + Pokemon Let's Go is going to make Nintendo take December and defintely Q1 of 2019.

I definitely agree that Nintendo will easily take December, but have you seen the Q1 slate for PS4? It's pretty stacked.

flashfire926 said:
thismeintiel said:
JRPGfan said:

Going by prediction tool (in the US) it looks like PS4 is handily leading the pack, so far (June).
So looks to be a repeat of May, PS4 > NSW > XB1.

Uproar about fortnite is a big nothing burger, as is crossplatform something the vast majority simply dont care about, its the vocal minority and non playstation users usually that make all the noise (impact will be non exsistant).

E3? Every fanbase walked away kinda happy.... even Nintendo (who I thought had the worst e3 of the big 3) ones.

Exactly. If anything causes PS4 to lose, it'll be a XBO that's only $199 for half the month, not this overblown outrage. It'll be a very poor showing, actually, if XBO fails to win June. 

Not really since PS has that new blue special edition, last year's gold edition sold like crazy, so I would assume this to do the same. Plus, the pro is $349, and PSVR is close to $199.  They should easily be able to win, and if not, it would be a huge upset.

The gold edition came with a $50 price cut. The blue has the same $299 price. So no, it will not be a huge upset. The only upset, as well as poor showing, will come if the XBO loses June. Or just ties. 

zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you say 2018 sales are good because it is similar to 2017 then you shouldn't be excusing 2017 on stock. Because saying 2017 would be bigger with more stock, then 2018 isn't good since it only done equal 2017 because 2017 had stock issues.

No hes not.

Saying 2017 had stock issues is not saying that sales were bad, its saying that sales could have been better.

If 2017 sales were good than 2018 sales are good as well since they are the same.

Except when first posted (and for the duration of last year sales) the sales were supposed to be a lot better but couldn't. So selling equal wouldn't make then good since this year there isn't stock issues.

Just look at Nintendo projection of 20M, this sales month certainly doesn't go together with it considering how much last year done in total.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

thismeintiel said:
flashfire926 said:

Not really since PS has that new blue special edition, last year's gold edition sold like crazy, so I would assume this to do the same. Plus, the pro is $349, and PSVR is close to $199.  They should easily be able to win, and if not, it would be a huge upset.

The gold edition came with a $50 price cut. The blue has the same $299 price. So no, it will not be a huge upset. The only upset, as well as poor showing, will come if the XBO loses June. Or just ties. 

I mean, $349 for a PS4 pro is a pretty enticing price I would think. But yeah I don't expect the special blue Days of Play edition PS4 slim to have all that much an impact.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
DonFerrari said:

No hes not.

But 2017 sales weren't good. Stock issues were a viable excuse though. Being a tiny step above PS4's worst May with 2 software releases in top 4 isn't good, its okay.

Wow ps4 won another month, what a surprise

Farsala said:
zorg1000 said:

No hes not.

But 2017 sales weren't good. Stock issues were a viable excuse though. Being a tiny step above PS4's worst May with 2 software releases in top 4 isn't good, its okay.

Careful now, that's dangerous talk. Some people here cannot process words like 'okay'. To them there is only "good" and "bomb".

Megiddo said:
Pavolink said:
So around 40k per week in average.
Wii U was selling less than that ww.

Right, but the Switch is replacing both the Wii U and the 3DS. So comparing it against just the Wii U is rather foolish.

3DS YTD 2012-885k

Wii U YTD 2014-350k

NSW YTD 2018-1.2m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Farsala said:
zorg1000 said:

No hes not.

I would say good, its better than any May for 3DS & XBO and not far from the average PS4 May.

Also Donkey Kong released during Aprils tracking period.