By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk's demo spec reveal

John2290 said:
No wonder people were saying this looks next gen with the crowds and what not. Is Nvidia a sign of another bad console port though? I know CDPR will do what they can to sidestep their mistakes with Witcher 2 and 3 but anyone know if it'll make it more difficult? Or is this even an indication of what they are developing on and instead maybe a collab for nvidia? Maybe they are focusing AMD behind the scenes. Either way,I guess it's a good sign for Nvidia users, ya'll are getting shit on the past few years I've seen.
Also, switch port...?lol

No?.

This is CDPR handling the game, not Nvidia. Nvidia offer up drivers for the game earlier, while adding in the options for their VXAO/HBAO+ shadow tech, while also giving support for their Ansel tech.

Nvidia and AMD have both has their collaborations with different game devs and games. Dying Light for example gave us HBAO+, which was superior to SSAO, as well as better shadows on GTA V, which even had AMD shadow tech included.

Don't know why CDPR would be focusing on AMD behind the scenes ahead of Nvidia or anything. if Nvidia is involved, it means we'll be seeing Nvidia options for the PC version.

Shit on the past few years?. Hardly.

AMD and Nvidia both have their own memes around the net, not just Nvidia. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Next gen title.

More like current when you factor in current PC hardware. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

JRPGfan said:

And it just takes a GPU with like 12 Tflops to get it looking like that on a pc.....
Yeah thats a next gen title.

CGI has pointed this out before, Flops aren't everything, they are not the end all to be all. 

Currenty running GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 & Ryzen 1800x. I've been wanting threadripper 2 since the announcement. Hopefully I can get something to out-do this 1080 ti while I'm at it. I'm honestly not too impressed. I know it's great compared to most everything else, but I would never consider anything less, so it's a pointless comparison. I need a successor that's not a titan v... -_-

Anyway, I'm still getting the game. I just want a system that will let me do 300FPS max settings at 1080p, and have plenty of horse power for multi-tasking. I currently only have a 144hz monitor, so I'll need to replace it when i build the new PC.

jason1637 said:
Chazore said:

Mod support for this is going to be something else

I wonder what kind of mods people will make, considering this will be 1st person.

Third person mod would be a nice start.

I'm sure somewhere, someone is already making plans.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
CuCabeludo said:
Next gen title.

PCs aren't a part of console generations. They have to hang out outside by the tree with everyone else.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Chazore said:

PCs aren't a part of console generations. They have to hang out outside by the tree with everyone else.

Oh they have to hang out there alright

I was just letting him know that it's not designed just for next gen systems. 

uh... how can the claim be made that simply because it was shown on certain specs that those specs are the required specs?

if i remember correctly gears 4 for example was shown off on an nvidia titan... and released with specs that could run on my 2 year old laptop

o_O.Q said:
uh... how can the claim be made that simply because it was shown on certain specs that those specs are the required specs?

if i remember correctly gears 4 for example was shown off on an nvidia titan... and released with specs that could run on my 2 year old laptop

"Below you can find the complete PC specs of the machine that ran the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 demo."

They didn't list the Low and Recommended specs. They just told us the specs that were used for a PC that played the demo.

John2290 said:

Shit in the past few years exactly. I was budgeting a VR rig for months there and in research the same thing popped up countless times and I'm talking like 90/10 split on AMD. Nvidia console ports and multiplats running slowers or having issues. Have a look yourself, I've spent at least two dozen hours if not double that reading up on both over the last two or three years and even before VR. Unless AMD users don't voice their problems then Nvidia has been taking a lot of shit the past 4 or 5 years, maybe longer. 

There is a definite impact on nvidia from AMD having deals with the big boy consoles, either that or AMD users have no fingers.

I know one thing, unless its a well used and established card that's proven little issue, I won't touch Nvidia.

AMD drivers can have some issues, but like Nvidia's, they can be worked on within the next update, or even via a rapid update (within the next few days).

They aren't really considered "nvidia console ports", because the innards of current gen systems are not sporting Nvidia's GPU's. The only one sporting such a chip would be the Switch using Nvidia Tegra.

I've played AMD collabed games like Deus Ex: Human revolution and Tomb Raider reboot, and I never really had any game ending issues. The only real issue I had was with the AA settings at the time, but since Nvidia has DSR, I can just play the game at a higher resolution on my 1440p monitor (or use Sweetfx to inject AA).

Also, issues that are present can be solved via advice found on sites like PC Gaming wiki, which has a boatload of information of what a game runs at, what DRM it uses, as well as useful tweaks and other information people would like to know about on said PC versions/ports.

People voice their issues when they want to and via various forms, like the internet, with a friend, in public etc. AMD users as well as Nvidia users do voice their opinions daily via their respective website forums. I even went to Nvidia's forums a few weeks back to check up on the GTA V community there, to check on GTA V's AA options, and to see which AA setting people liked the most and which ones worked better with one another (Like FXAA being combined with DSR over using MSAA X4).

There isn't really a "massive" impact when AMD makes a deal in regards to it affecting Nvidia. Tomb Raider's reboot allowed AMD's hair effects to be used with Nvidia's hardware.

Not sure what the no fingers part means.

"well established card"?. As far as I've been aware with your conversation with Pemalite, you're not exactly in the market for wanting to build a PC, if at all.