By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk's demo spec reveal

Chazore said:
o_O.Q said:
uh... how can the claim be made that simply because it was shown on certain specs that those specs are the required specs?

if i remember correctly gears 4 for example was shown off on an nvidia titan... and released with specs that could run on my 2 year old laptop

"Below you can find the complete PC specs of the machine that ran the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 demo."

They didn't list the Low and Recommended specs. They just told us the specs that were used for a PC that played the demo.

oh i was talking more about this part

"Nevertheless, we now have an idea of the PC specs that will be required in order to play the game. "

Around the Network
numberwang said:

Needs a graphic mod

Literally me when I saw the game and it wasn't the bottom pic.

JRPGfan said:

And it just takes a GPU with like 12 Tflops to get it looking like that on a pc.....
Yeah thats a next gen title.

Considering the Xbox One X has a GPU with 6tflops (which is more than 4 times more powerful than the Xbox One S), I wouldn't be surprised to see the next gen consoles with similar specs.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

John2290 said:

Shit in the past few years exactly. I was budgeting a VR rig for months there and in research the same thing popped up countless times and I'm talking like 90/10 split on AMD. Nvidia console ports and multiplats running slowers or having issues. Have a look yourself, I've spent at least two dozen hours if not double that reading up on both over the last two or three years and even before VR. Unless AMD users don't voice their problems then Nvidia has been taking a lot of shit the past 4 or 5 years, maybe longer. 

There is a definite impact on nvidia from AMD having deals with the big boy consoles, either that or AMD users have no fingers.

I know one thing, unless its a well used and established card that's proven little issue, I won't touch Nvidia.

Are you saying that VR games run better on AMD GPUs than Nvidia GPUs?

John2290 said:

No. I'm saying games in general, big name multiplats are better optimized and suffer less from DRM issues from what I gather. No hard data but it seems like 90% of the people complaining about DRM game breaking or stunting issues like games running like garbage on overspeced PCs are vastly on the side of Nvidia. AMD users seems to have a lot less promlems or complaints. 

Of course the complaints of Nvidia gamers are multiple times... the Nvidia hardware base of the minimum or recommended specs of a game is also multiple times of the AMD hardware base. 

More people -> more complaints.

You also will find multiple times of complaints of PS4 gamers on the internet than complaints of Wii U gamers, Vita gamers or Ouya gamers.

Around the Network
Conina said:
John2290 said:

No. I'm saying games in general, big name multiplats are better optimized and suffer less from DRM issues from what I gather. No hard data but it seems like 90% of the people complaining about DRM game breaking or stunting issues like games running like garbage on overspeced PCs are vastly on the side of Nvidia. AMD users seems to have a lot less promlems or complaints. 

Of course the complaints of Nvidia gamers are multiple times... the Nvidia hardware base of the minimum or recommended specs of a game is also multiple times of the AMD hardware base. 

More people -> more complaints.

You also will find multiple times of complaints of PS4 gamers on the internet than complaints of Wii U gamers, Vita gamers or Ouya gamers.

This.

John:
Please present evidence.
Also, what games "run like garbage"?

"overspeced PCs"
AMD doesn't sell loads of high end GPUs, the Vast majority of gamers with GTX 1070 or greater GPUs own Nvidia cards.

Every month or so Conina posts a sample from a spreadsheet of GPU ownership taken from the Steam Hardware Survey.

The only cards AMD really has, that can compete with Nvidia's high end cards is the RX Vega line.