By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2018: GameStop Expects Huge Demand For PlayStation 5 And Xbox Next At It’s Stores.

bored of this gen? i cant get enough of this gen! particularly the ps4 so many games and so many hidden gems. next gen can hold off a little while longer.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I know one thing. I won't be buying from gamestop.

I don’t know, lately they’ve been offering pretty damn good deals on older systems to trade toward a newer console. 

I know lots of ppl trade their old consoles for newer ones so that’s good for those ppl. 

Ill probably just buy from Best Buy or amazon. However if ps5 is BC and GameStop offers a killer trade in deal for used ps4s at the time, I might consider it. 

Hmm i don't feel ps5 and especially xbone x are gonna have amazing launches like this gen because of the pro and X,

quickrick said:
Hmm i don't feel ps5 and especially xbone x are gonna have amazing launches like this gen because of the pro and X,

Well according to phil at e3, he and his team who developed the X “will once again deliver on their commitment to set the benchmark for console gaming”. 

So sounds like he wants to build a beast for next gen as they did with the X. If they go that route for next gen, we could be looking at another $499 console. 

I wouldn’t mind personally. I hope they build a next gen monster. 

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 17 June 2018

PwerlvlAmy said:
that's common sense. New pieces of plastic are always high in demand

Tell that to NGauge haha

Around the Network
Don-vito-1991 said:

bored of this gen? i cant get enough of this gen! particularly the ps4 so many games and so many hidden gems. next gen can hold off a little while longer.

I have owned these consoles since launch and yes, I'm bored to death. The games all look and play alike. There hasn't been a technological advancement in... how long? Yes, things look a little prettier, but that's it. I'm ready for better hardware, better software, better and more efficient UIs. 

I suspect everything will be backwards compatible right out of the gate too which is great as well. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
quickrick said:

Well according to phil at e3, he and his team who developed the X “will once again deliver on their commitment to set the benchmark for console gaming”. 

So sounds like he wants to build a beast for next gen as they did with the X. If they go that route for next gen, we could be looking at another $499 console. 

I hope for a "next gen monster" too.  But, I also hope that the platform owners have learned the $399 lesson.  That is:  if it costs more than $399 to buy in to your ecosystem, people will go elsewhere.  

And, yeah, inflation and all that, I know.  Still $500, at least to many of us in the US, starts to feel like a serious investment.  The average human brain doesn't adjust the price to 1985 dollars and compare the inflation adjusted cost to every console ever released.  It just says "$500.....shit, that's a lot"  

VAMatt said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

I hope for a "next gen monster" too.  But, I also hope that the platform owners have learned the $399 lesson.  That is:  if it costs more than $399 to buy in to your ecosystem, people will go elsewhere.  

And, yeah, inflation and all that, I know.  Still $500, at least to many of us in the US, starts to feel like a serious investment.  The average human brain doesn't adjust the price to 1985 dollars and compare the inflation adjusted cost to every console ever released.  It just says "$500.....shit, that's a lot"  

Exactly. But phil is in charge now and I’m sure he knows to keep the price in the $399 range. Hopefully. 

important is always the right price at the start and the right games

CGI-Quality said:

📢

Just a reminder that the generalization of any group is totally inappropriate. I don't mind jokes and kidding around, but you have to be careful. Even then, you could take it just a step too far. As always, check the Forum Rules if you're unsure of what's okay and what isn't. Thanks, everyone. :)

Did you post this in the wrong thread? I don't see how it applies to anything said here.