By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams Could Be Delayed Until 2019 [Speculation]

Yep, I'm a little upset too. I've been waiting for this to revitalise my channel. Listen very carefully to what they say at the end of this video and you tell me if it sounds like a delay. The most relevant quote: 'Beta this year and out as soon as humanly possible.' That's a big step back from the definite 2018 release. 

https://youtu.be/46i5jAVdhRs?t=15m21s

Couple that with this interview in which Healey says the beta will be releasing towards the end of the year ... It's delayed folks.

https://youtu.be/CqL1EJseUnU?t=10m3s

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 15 June 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It seems to be in development hell to me. Announced at E3 2015 and they still cant get it out the door. It wouldn't surprise me if they delayed it to 2019. It probably wouldn't do that well given how stacked the market is for the remainder of the year

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
It seems to be in development hell to me. Announced at E3 2015 and they still cant get it out the door. It wouldn't surprise me if they delayed it to 2019. It probably wouldn't do that well given how stacked the market is for the remainder of the year

I think those two comments more or less confirm it's not coming out this year. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I think those two comments more or less confirm it's not coming out this year. 

yup ''beta'' this year with only 6 months left in the year, doesnt bode well at all

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yeah when I heard beta sometime this year, I was like, sounds like 2019 now. I was truly thinking it was going to come out August or December. But I dont see august if they are waiting for a beta first, and December is still feasible but not looking good. Wouldnt do Jan-March next year either as thats looking stacked, so its a difficult one.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:
Yeah when I heard beta sometime this year, I was like, sounds like 2019 now. I was truly thinking it was going to come out August or December. But I dont see august if they are waiting for a beta first, and December is still feasible but not looking good. Wouldnt do Jan-March next year either as thats looking stacked, so its a difficult one.

Are you just guessing on the basis of beta this year or have you watched and listened to the vids in the OP? It's the 'game out as humanly possible' that makes it almost certain to me. It was a definite 2018 release before when they were asked. And then in the second video Healey says the beta with be private then to selected few, then open and that is probably coming towards the end of the year. That doesn't leave much time for the game to release in 2018. It's the two comments put together that make it more or less certain something isn't right here. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Yeah, I got that feeling as well.

They do seem quite close to finished with the game though, they’ve shown a lot of it in the recent months.

My guess is that they delayed it to ensure that the previous online multiplayer support that was supposed to come with a post-launch update, now is there day one. Which does sound a lot smarter to me :)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

GribbleGrunger said:
Madword said:

Are you just guessing on the basis of beta this year or have you watched and listened to the vids in the OP? It's the 'game out as humanly possible' that makes it almost certain to me. It was a definite 2018 release before when they were asked. And then in the second video Healey says the beta with be private then to selected few, then open and that is probably coming towards the end of the year. That doesn't leave much time for the game to release in 2018. It's the two comments put together that make it more or less certain something isn't right here. 

No I was just going off my original feeling which was looking at when companies normally release, I was thinking it was going to be august or December, based on the info, I agree I dont see it this year... but then next year for the first three months doesn't look good for it either from a business point of view.... so they are in a rock and a hard place.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah and we are getting Spyro and we all know that will sell pretty good going by 

Crash sales on PS4. It would not be a good marketing strategy to go against Spyro

I have this feeling that Dreams will be showcased at the PlayStation Experience and will also get a release date.