By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So... Will Nintendo be able to ship those 20 million Switch units?

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Mario Party is not a system seller. It doesn't push large numbers of new consumers to buy a Switch, because it appeals to the same audience the Switch already caters to.

Its not compared to Pokemon, 3D Mario, Smash....but its definitely mid tier game, and in holiday season definitely can move some Switch units with casuals and families, most of Switch audience are not casuals and families.

People don't buy a $300 system to play a Mario Party game.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Its not compared to Pokemon, 3D Mario, Smash....but its definitely mid tier game, and in holiday season definitely can move some Switch units with casuals and families, most of Switch audience are not casuals and families.

No, most of people don't pay $300 just to play one game, but for some people that can be game that will push them to buy Switch and than they will buy some other games, especially during holiday season.

Do people really think a Mario Party game actually apppeals to the Hardcore Nintendo Switch audience? It will push some hardware, and it has a chance at 5 million sales if the game is good. Mario Party 10 reached 2 million on the Wii u

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

No, most of people don't pay $300 just to play one game, but for some people that can be game that will push them to buy Switch and than they will buy some other games, especially during holiday season.

Mario Party won't push a significant number of new buyers. It does not expand the Switch's appeal in any meaningful way cos it already has party games like Mario Kart 8 and 1-2 Switch.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Mario Party won't push a significant number of new buyers. It does not expand the Switch's appeal in any meaningful way cos it already has party games like Mario Kart 8 and 1-2 Switch.

It want in significant numbers like Pokemon or Smash will, but definitely will push some Switch units during holiday season. Super Mario Party will definitely be far more popular and appealing compared to 1-2 Switch, its much stronger IP and it looks it will be quite good for Mario Party game and better game than 1-2 Switch in any case.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

It want in significant numbers like Pokemon or Smash will, but definitely will push some Switch units during holiday season. Super Mario Party will definitely be far more popular and appealing compared to 1-2 Switch, its much stronger IP and it looks it will be quite good for Mario Party game and better game than 1-2 Switch in any case.

Oh it's definitely going to better than 1-2 Switch. Lemon juice on a paper cut is better than 1-2 Switch. Getting herpes from a toilet seat is better than 1-2 Switch.

Easily. One word, Pokemon. Whether it's a core game or not, undoubtedly, it will push a lot of units. And let's not forget that Switch has more first party games coming out in next few months, than MS and Sony combined. I know that in terms of hype, Nintendo's E3 presentation was a bummer, but everything they showed is actually coming out before end of this FY. Anyways, the sales are up by around 13% in this FY quarter, compared to last year's, so even without any considerable bump they should reach 15M, but like I said, it's Pokemon we're talking about. It will be higher than that.

it comes down to how they draw the smash crowd. if they havent already bought a switch.

Absolutely not. Earlier this year when I think it was the gamestop ceo said Nintendo is gonna have huge stuff coming out in 2018 I was like alright we're gonna get some major game announcements at E3....and....nothing.

Sure it seems like third party support is slowly picking up, and the surprise sudden release of Fortnite was cool, but all I see from Nintendo other than Smash is a non-mainline Pokemon, Mario Party, and they even moved Yoshi to next year. I was expecting Animal Crossing and at least one more major game from Nintendo, outside of Smash and Yoshi which is gone. I'm sure Pokemon Go will sell a bunch but it's not gonna move millions of systems.

E3 confirms that Nintendo doesn't have much for this whole year, as one huge game coming out in December can't make a whole year. I think Switch will probably sell 14 or 15 million. And 2019 better be huge, I'm thinking mainline Pokemon, Metroid, Yoshi, 2D Mario, Animal Crossing, Dragon Quest, more third party support and probably a couple other medium sized Nintendo franchises as well like a Star Fox and Bayonetta 3 or something..

The only problem for Nintendo this year is that they failed to provide what their fanbase is seeking... quality waifu and husbando.

Ridley and Daisy are not going to cut it (although Daisy Ridley herself is nice) and we barely saw any in the FE trailer. That is probably the biggest reason for the lack of confidence the thirsty must be appeased.