By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - E3 2018: More PS4 Exclusives in Development, Says Shuhei Yoshida

HollyGamer said:
Hope it a sign that PS5 will not coming in 2019 or 2020, because they still have a lot of games that need to be shows. They are now in control on market, they are not rushing on exclusives , they will use their time and enjoying PS4 leads and making better exclusives. I am more concern on who will coming out first Xbox infinite (Xbox 2) or PS5, i hope PS5 releasing after Xbox next , i want PS5 to have more spec advantage over Xbox. Like what PS4 have in early years.

its coming out no later than 2020. And the remaining games are most likely ports and AA budget games while the major teams start gearing for PS5. Though I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Obviously there is still MLB 19 for next year. a remake of Ape Escape could fit (if that is what one of the SCEJ teams are working on) There is a good chance that SCEJ has 2 games coming for PS4, one from the Loco Roco director. Supermassive could easily have something as they have worked with Sony since 2010 (skipping only 2014). Hopefully their 2019 game is something more akin to Until Dawn. Oh and of course whatever VR game Manchester Studio is cooking up.

Around the Network
twintail said:
HollyGamer said:
Hope it a sign that PS5 will not coming in 2019 or 2020, because they still have a lot of games that need to be shows. They are now in control on market, they are not rushing on exclusives , they will use their time and enjoying PS4 leads and making better exclusives. I am more concern on who will coming out first Xbox infinite (Xbox 2) or PS5, i hope PS5 releasing after Xbox next , i want PS5 to have more spec advantage over Xbox. Like what PS4 have in early years.

its coming out no later than 2020. And the remaining games are most likely ports and AA budget games while the major teams start gearing for PS5. Though I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Obviously there is still MLB 19 for next year. a remake of Ape Escape could fit (if that is what one of the SCEJ teams are working on) There is a good chance that SCEJ has 2 games coming for PS4, one from the Loco Roco director. Supermassive could easily have something as they have worked with Sony since 2010 (skipping only 2014). Hopefully their 2019 game is something more akin to Until Dawn. Oh and of course whatever VR game Manchester Studio is cooking up.

I hope the exclusives he talked about are triple A and not just VR. 

HollyGamer said:
twintail said:

Well who exactly is left to release a triple A game?

ND, Bend, SP all have announced games in development. SSM just released GoW. Besides MLB, San Diego doesnt do any other high budget games.

MM  with Dreams. SCE London are an announced VR title. Manchester Studio is a VR team. Guerilla did Horizon last year. Maybe... they have something. Seems doubtful.

Japan Studio has 2 VR games in development. Polyphony is still working on GTSport.

And that is every Sony studio. Hopefully there is an AAA game but Im not sure who it would come from. 

Of you go back to the end of all Sony's consoles you know that they will support it for at least 3 to 4 more years. They always do. So yes, I'm expecting more released games on PS4

LiquorandGunFun said:

well that great considering i watched a ps4 funeral at e3. like the ps5 was around the corner.. i know its not but seems that way.

Same was true for Switch as well.... There was basically no 3rd party support, and a "lets go" pokemon instead of a mainline, and Smash being basically a port of the Wii U's. Hell even Microsoft, Gears was for this gen, but Halo is next gen. Forza? those you get one of each year.

Overall just not a very impressive E3 this year.

Around the Network

Translation: There are exclusives that will be coming out to PS4 & PS5 :)

twintail said:
HollyGamer said:

ND, Bend, SP all have announced games in development. SSM just released GoW. Besides MLB, San Diego doesnt do any other high budget games.

MM  with Dreams. SCE London are an announced VR title. Manchester Studio is a VR team. Guerilla did Horizon last year. Maybe... they have something. Seems doubtful.

Japan Studio has 2 VR games in development. Polyphony is still working on GTSport.

And that is every Sony studio. Hopefully there is an AAA game but Im not sure who it would come from. 

Partnership and out sourcing studios hell even Spiderman are made by Imsomniac that not belong to SONY. 

setsunatenshi said:
Translation: There are exclusives that will be coming out to PS4 & PS5 :)

This also possible, but if PS5 have backward compatibility then it's even more promising. 

HollyGamer said:
twintail said:

Partnership and out sourcing studios hell even Spiderman are made by Imsomniac that not belong to SONY. 

I dont think Spiderman is a good example since Marvel gave the IP to Sony because they wanted Sony to treat it like a Sony first party release. And of course it Spiderman so obviously Sony is pumping money into it. 

i mean, you are right, they can do partnerships. But how often have they done that for PS4? Im not saying its not happening or not possible. I just dont think its highly probable. and AA esque games are more on the cards. Which is fine: these games dont need to be massive TloU2 to be good. Ratchet PS4 is a good example of this. Which is what I expect something like Ape Escape to be (if it were ever made)

Angelv577 said:
I am expecting those games to be classic REMAKES like shadow of the colossus.

fixed ;)