By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Switch ports likely to arrive much sooner starting end of this year / next year, Nintendo has more to show in the weeks/months ahead

''The pacing of news and launches will drive business forward''

lmao. The E3 conference will only drive business backward.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
''The pacing of news and launches will drive business forward''

lmao. The E3 conference will only drive business backward.

Don't worry Nintendo's investors always do stuff like that. Switch is selling stellar still and there is lots of games coming for 2018, there is not much competition this year until Spidey and RDR 2... in fall. 

And 2019 will be better anyway. Btw, y'all need to realise we are comparing a system in its second year which most of the time is suffering a drought from launch year, to console at the end of their life which is usually a time where every big project is finally releasing. 

I think that Nintendo doesnt need to have a big E3. i mean with the Nintendo direct they have much more attention outside of e# than any of it's competitors. And ports of already popular games doesnt have to be hype way before launch date. Look at fortnite, yeah ok it was leaked to death before but they released it right after the direct.

I can really see an august direct with a lot more new announcement, a few game that will get realease within a mon th of the direct. i still think that they could announce at least one big multiplayer game before they launch the switch online service.

Most multiplatform games will be late ports, unless they're small scale indie games. A game of the scope of Doom or Wolfenstein will always be a late port because most developers aren't willing to delay their PS4/X1 releases just to launch at the same date as the Switch version, which needs more time to make work on it.

Talk is cheap. Show the games.

Around the Network
Marach said:
I think that Nintendo doesnt need to have a big E3. i mean with the Nintendo direct they have much more attention outside of e# than any of it's competitors. And ports of already popular games doesnt have to be hype way before launch date. Look at fortnite, yeah ok it was leaked to death before but they released it right after the direct.

I can really see an august direct with a lot more new announcement, a few game that will get realease within a mon th of the direct. i still think that they could announce at least one big multiplayer game before they launch the switch online service.

I agree with this.

Everything Reggie is saying makes sense. All of the third party companies were hedging their bets, because they didn't want to back another Wii U. Now that they see Switch is a big deal they'll try to release all versions of the game at the same time. But right now the time it takes to make a Switch port means that Switch gets the game later.

On a different note one of those links in the OP says that 3DS is up 10% in NA. I wonder if that is because Toys R Us are clearing out all of their inventory right now? We might see a huge 3DS sales drop in the later half of the year.

Marach said:

E3 is meant to be the biggest gaming event of the year. if you got a poor presentation I would rather they skip the event and just show regular directs. That way I know what I am getting.

Saying this right after Fire Emblem and Yoshi were delayed, the audacity! As always, will believe it when I see it.

bring on the ports, just make sure they're good ones plz

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick