By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Switch ports likely to arrive much sooner starting end of this year / next year, Nintendo has more to show in the weeks/months ahead

Fortnite first hit other consoles back in July, for instance, while Bethesda’s Wolfenstein II originally came out last October but won’t be on the Switch until later this month. However, while these kinds of delays have been common during the early stages of the Switch’s lifespan, Nintendo believes that this will change very soon as the platform matures.

“We’re talking today about a platform that is 16 months old,” Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé tells The Verge at E3. “The development cycle today is multiple years. So I would argue that beginning at the end of this year, or next year, that gap will have closed. Because key developers have had the development systems, they’ll have been working to create content for our platform from the beginning. That’s what is going to close that time gap".

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/13/17460528/nintendo-switch-multiplatform-games-delay-fortnite

– A lot more up Nintendo’s sleeves, more to show over the weeks and months ahead
– The pacing of news and launches will drive business forward

https://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-nintendo-has-more-to-show-in-the-weeks-months-ahead-talks-lootboxes-stock-dropping-esports/

Reset the clock meme. :D

Around the Network

SIMS 4 PLEASE!!!!! I will buy it again!!!!!
And I am hoping that Animal Crossing would release by July 2019........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Reggie really says that E3 is now just a big Nintendo direct. We saw that one slowly coming. It's cool as long as Nintendo can keep the games coming. Let's hope they still announce some new exclusive 2018 games.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Reggie is full of crap and has always been. I mean, "I would argue"? Shouldn't that be a thing he can say with more confidence?

However, he's probably close to the truth relative to most instances. Right now, we are really seeing a situation where developers and publishers don't want to push back multi-platform releases while they work on a version for the latecomer. It's not their fault or responsibility that Switch released mid-gen. If they have the chance to plan for and work on a Switch release from pre-production then I see less reason to wait. The exception might be games that can't easily be adapted to the Switch, in which case it might hinder or change development. That's the risk you run when you have the platform that's furthest from the norm.

Shouldnt he know if thats the case? hes a somebody at nintendo.
"I would argue" = seems like guessing/hopeing/speculation.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Shouldnt he know if thats the case? hes a somebody at nintendo.
"I would argue" = seems like guessing/hopeing/speculation.

I guess it's his way to say things

I mean, it makes sense for all of the devs who were caught unaware of the Switch's success, and started developing titles after it was a proven success. Still, I am still surprised there are not that many old PS360 JRPGs out right now. The fact that many western devs have adapted to the Switch faster than the japanese ones makes me wonder their ability to respond to fast shifts on the market.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Are you guys really down to how he says things? Confidence? lmao.

I would argue that he is careful with what he is saying because it has not passed yet. You don't shoot yourself in the foot because of some dumb notion of looking confident, whatever that means.

Let´s hope he's right.

''The pacing of news and launches will drive business forward''

lmao. The E3 conference will only drive business backward.