By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Gen Games Announced At E3 2018

Microsoft announced Playground Games iw working on an open world game that is not Forza.

Bethesda announced Starfeild and ES6 for next gen.

Beyond Good and Evil is still in its pre alpha stage so its possible that it is next gen.

Around the Network

I really wish they would just say it was Fable IV they are developing, all of us here know it is that, but the non woke casual folks need to know!. They don't need a reveal trailer or gameplay, just tell the people what they want to hear, Bethesda did it, and those two games are years down the line. Everyones happy.

Getting everyone (mostly the casuals) to know that Playground is developing Fable IV is enough to get everyone excited for the future past 2019.

Outside of Playgrounds, I don't think anyone has access to the new console dev kits; if such thing exists now, it's likely reserved to just internal dev teams in both Sony and Microsoft, it's probably too early to distribute it.
At best 3rd party developers have a rough idea on the specs, which I guess it's good to start by, start making it on PC and then move it when you have the dev kits.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Outside of Playgrounds, I don't think anyone has access to the new console dev kits; if such thing exists now, it's likely reserved to just internal dev teams in both Sony and Microsoft, it's probably too early to distribute it.
At best 3rd party developers have a rough idea on the specs, which I guess it's good to start by, start making it on PC and then move it when you have the dev kits.

There were some rumors that CD Project Red has a PS5 devkit last year.

Not so good. I had flashbacks of E3 2008 in a few moments.

I'm not upset, but I'm not happy.

Around the Network

Halo Infinite could be next gen, as the lack of details given makes me think it will be at least 2020 before it hits the streets.

Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be crossgen.

And btw bethesda said Starfield is actually playable so i really think the next gen will get announced like.. next year or something. That's maybe why Sony didn't announce games since like an entire year, they are probably already working on next gen titles and the last 4 that we saw will be pretty much the last big titles from first party studios.

The lack of PlayStation first party announcements tells me that sony‘s first party studios already working on PS5 exclusives.
Which I think is a great thing because the first couple of years of this gen were straight up horrible and lack luster.

I think Halo Infinity is next gen too (or atleast cross gen).

Well theres also that new Studio MS created called Initiative.. there game is clearly next gen era.