By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 2 Remake Gameplay Trailers

Heavenly_King said:
StreaK said:

ND would really screw up BIG TIME if they left out Joel. Come on, they're obviously building him up as they know he is so well liked. I bet he'll have his own playable moments in there.

I an interview they already said Ellie is the only playable character so NO JOEL.   No buy for me.  I really dont know what the fu(K naught dog is thinking.

In an interview for the first game, back then, they also said that Ellie wouldn't be playable...

Just saying.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Heavenly_King said:

I an interview they already said Ellie is the only playable character so NO JOEL.   No buy for me.  I really dont know what the fu(K naught dog is thinking.

In an interview for the first game, back then, they also said that Ellie wouldn't be playable...

Just saying.

Still I wanted to play most of the game as Joel, just like in the first part.  If by the end they decide to include him it will be for a 10% or even less, considering you are most likely also playing as the mother of Ellie (the manly woman in the previous trailer), because they said that the story will have "some time swaps" or something like that, making clear you will play in different time periods.

I simply just dont care about the game anymore.

Heavenly_King said:
Hynad said:

Just saying.

Still I wanted to play most of the game as Joel, just like in the first part.  If by the end they decide to include him it will be for a 10% or even less, considering you are most likely also playing as the mother of Ellie (the manly woman in the previous trailer), because they said that the story will have "some time swaps" or something like that, making clear you will play in different time periods.

Just let yourself be surprised :) After the first gameplay trailer (The Last of Us 1), the developers said that only the man Joel will be playable. Elli was a surprise later. Maybe there will be another surprise, I do not know. And you can write "Naughty Dog" your opinion / request directly - maybe it will bring something. AND after the Sony conference they said interesting things .. there will be something the players do not expect (gameplay-feature? story ? or other things ?) I'm curious :) So or so... Last of Us2 is DAY 1 for me, so much attention to detail must be rewarded. And Resident Evil 2 makes a very good impression too - I'm glad. I'm a fan of Resident Evil 1-4. i like the trailer and gameplay. But its hard.. january "resident evil 2", february "days gone" - i need more time and money :(

Heavenly_King said:
Hynad said:

Just saying.

Such an open mind.

KazumaKiryu said:
Heavenly_King said:

Just let yourself be surprised :) After the first gameplay trailer (The Last of Us 1), the developers said that only the man Joel will be playable. Elli was a surprise later. Maybe there will be another surprise, I do not know. And you can write "Naughty Dog" your opinion / request directly - maybe it will bring something. AND after the Sony conference they said interesting things .. there will be something the players do not expect (gameplay-feature? story ? or other things ?) I'm curious :) So or so... Last of Us2 is DAY 1 for me, so much attention to detail must be rewarded. And Resident Evil 2 makes a very good impression too - I'm glad. I'm a fan of Resident Evil 1-4. i like the trailer and gameplay. But its hard.. january "resident evil 2", february "days gone" - i need more time and money :(

No love for Code: Veronica? :(

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Heavenly_King said:

Such an open mind.

For me the core of the franchise was the journey of how Joel from being just a psychopath begins recovering  his human nature through the curse of the game; and Ellie was just a tool to make that happen.  Ellie was a sidekick and nothing more.

TruckOSaurus said:
Heavenly_King said:

I don't know why it matters that much to you. The gameplay looks just as great and even better than the original game and Ellie's story has lots of potential for interesting development. It's not like both character would have played differently either. Joel will be part of the story since we already seen him in the reveal and he's mentioned in the gameplay trailer.

For me the core of the franchise was the journey of how Joel from being just a psychopath begins recovering  his human nature through the curse of the game; and Ellie was just a tool to make that happen.  Ellie was a sidekick and nothing more.   What's the point of Joel being there if he is not playable.

Heavenly_King said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I don't know why it matters that much to you. The gameplay looks just as great and even better than the original game and Ellie's story has lots of potential for interesting development. It's not like both character would have played differently either. Joel will be part of the story since we already seen him in the reveal and he's mentioned in the gameplay trailer.

For me the core of the franchise was the journey of how Joel from being just a psychopath begins recovering  his human nature through the curse of the game; and Ellie was just a tool to make that happen.  Ellie was a sidekick and nothing more.   What's the point of Joel being there if he is not playable.

The core of the franchise? You base that on one single game. The sequel is still going to center around those two characters, even if the focus will now be from Ellie's perspective.
But I'll throw that question back at you: What was the point of Ellie being in the first game, since she "wasn't [or barely] playable"?
That journey of Joel you mention came to an end by the time the first game ended. He got his humanity back.
And while you mostly played as Joel in the first game, that story was as much his as it was Ellie's.
Both grew throughout the game, and both were changed by the events that unfolded. You wouldn't have the poignant ending if it wasn't for Ellie.

You really do yourself a disservice by putting the "franchise" in such a tiny box and sticking to such a close minded attitude towards the sequel. I think you are underestimating Naughty Dog on that one.

Last edited by Hynad - on 15 June 2018

drbunnig said:
Wonder if there's any toilets in the police station this time round.

Capcom stated the police station would have some changes with a bathroom being added as one of them.

The game looks great, I'll get it when I buy a ps4, finally a real RE game. We haven't had one of those since RE3, everything else is just action games, not survival horror.