By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Discussion

At long last, Cyberpunk 2077 is back, capping off Microsoft's E3 2018 conference with style.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend."

“There are lots of cyber games around, but there’s not a lot of punk in those games. We want to put more punk into ours. We do not want to make a dark and hopeless world. We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll.”

Trailer Easter Egg

Discuss away. What do you think of the trailer? It's a bit different than what I expected based on the first teaser, but the more I analyze it the more I'm appreciating about it. The color, grit, diversity, attitude, finally someone's putting the punk back in cyberpunk. I'm looking forward to exploring the underbelly of future society. Hopefully CDPR lets players express themselves and the 'V' in the trailer is a stand-in for your own avatar (or at least a highly customizeable lead). Can't wait for gameplay. Really curious about many design details. Feel free to share any findings.

Around the Network

I'll definitely get the game but on the PS4. 😸 Not many rpgs like it.

Im interested in this. I would like to see more of it, which I am sure everyone will as the release grows closer, I have heard many on podcasts talk about highly anticipating this game.

Neat intro to the game, it reminded me immediately of the Sony conference with scarecrow. as I was watching it, I was thinking oh rocksteady?! then meh its a new Watchdogs.... then I didnt know what I was watching lol looks neat, better than watchdogs I hope!!

Looked really nice. But man I wanted some gameplay.

Also there was a secret message before the trailer.

BraLoD said:
Can't deny some of the design looks pretty good, still not interested tho.
Will it be a Destiny like RPG? More or less of a shooter? Need way more than that.

I would prefer if it was 3rd person.

Around the Network

Based on how brilliant Witcher 3 i am really looking forward to this game and i really liked what i saw in the trailer, but i wanted to see some actual gameplay.I actually think we have to wait a long time for the release of this game.

I just need to see gameplay. Considering Anthem is going to be a rival to Destiny, which is pointless, I'm thinking this may be the 3rdPS RPG I need to replace Mass Effect.

Hmm, pie.

I absolutely loved that trailer, sets the perfect mood for what will likely be an incredible game. Ever since they released TW3 with expansions, no one can doubt their prowess in the industry and they have climbed above the likes of Bethesda and Bioware in my eyes (that has an equal amount to do with these two faltering though). Paired with their insistence on maintaining single player RPG's as a thing and their attitude towards actual customers and consumer; there's no one I like more right now and as of the past 3-4 years than CDProjekt.

The trailer looked good, but it's hard to know what to expect from the game without knowing anything about the gameplay.

Still, I trust CD Projekt RED will do a good job.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

That trailer probably made me a bit less excited for the game. The main character is just not what I envision with "cyberpunk". He looks more like some kind of generic action movie hero. Cyberpunk to me will always be defined by Neuromancer. Skulking around in the shadows and using cyber-skills. Clinging to the underbelly of society because your enemies are so powerful. Hopefully there is a lot more to the game than was shown.

Edit:  Hm.  Just read the "secret message" and it makes me a lot more interested than the trailer.  Especially, "while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you." 

Last edited by pokoko - on 11 June 2018