By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 21st April 2018, Software

Barkley said:
Tmfwang said:
GoW got 3.1M sales the first week tho?

It was announced.

Digital...

3,1M in 3 days,20-21-22 April,these numbers are from 2 days,no?

Around the Network
Nemesis1993 said:
Barkley said:

Digital...

3,1M in 3 days,20-21-22 April,these numbers are from 2 days,no?

That too.

That God vs Labo thread is laughable,even more now,some folks are blind when comes to his favorite platform,and of course a lot of parents will buy a Switch for his sons just to play cardboard,360$.

Holy God of moly. Outsold labo over 10 to 1 and that doesn't even include God of wars big digital sales. Didn't someone make a thread comparing the too?

first week of god of war, great😁

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I've heard that before, that the holidays will make Labo suddenly skyrocket and push consoles, except they already kinda haven't. Labo didn't do anything special during golden week in Japan. Don't see it being any different during the Western holidays especially when they're 7 months after Labo released.

Not saying they're right, but Golden Week and Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays aren't even comparable. Hardly anything "special" happened during Golden Week this year, let alone Labo.

OT: It's embarrassing for people to compare GoW's sales to Labo's. There's really no victory there as it wasn't even a competition. 

Lonely_Dolphin said:
xMetroid said:

Kids rarely get 300$ consoles at a random moment like this. I think Nintendo can use it for the holiday season to sell some switch. They might have a party title already coming for December so Labo couldn't debut during that period.

I've heard that before, that the holidays will make Labo suddenly skyrocket and push consoles, except they already kinda haven't. Labo didn't do anything special during golden week in Japan. Don't see it being any different during the Western holidays especially when they're 7 months after Labo released.

Not skyrocket, but it will definitely get a boost if Nintendo promotes it a little during holiday season.

NintendoPie said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Not saying they're right, but Golden Week and Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays aren't even comparable. Hardly anything "special" happened during Golden Week this year, let alone Labo.

OT: It's embarrassing for people to compare GoW's sales to Labo's. There's really no victory there as it wasn't even a competition. 

I'd be way more interested to compare things that are actually comparable. I would have liked to see God of War go up against Breath of the Wild. That would have been an awesome battle regardless of which won.

Tmfwang said:
GoW got 3.1M sales the first week tho?

It was announced.

3,1M in 3 days,20-21-22 April.  The sales on this chart only include 20,21; just 2 days ;)

Nemesis1993 said:
That God vs Labo thread is laughable,even more now,some folks are blind when comes to his favorite platform,and of course a lot of parents will buy a Switch for his sons just to play cardboard,360$.

The space bar is your friend ;)