By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for some co-op suggestions for me and my fiance

I'm ignoring the bit about the platinum and recommending EDF 4.1: The Shadow Of New Despair. It's great fun in co-op and, no foolin', I met 2 married couples during my time with it. It does have a plat, but the average plat time is I-N-S-A-N-E. Probably over 500 hours. I got mine in Just over 500. But you can play through Easy/Normal/Hardest and still have a blast. Another one I loved is Dead Nation. Granted, I liked solo mode more, but the co-op is solid top down twin stick fun. Much shorter plat run. Although the co-op makes it more challenging tbh.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
I play co-op games with a friend every week, so I can appreciate your quest for new games.

No idea if you'll like them, since your tastes seem pretty broad, but our favorites have been Borderlands 2, Dying Light, and Rayman Legends (though this is couch co-op only). I might stalk other recs for the same reason though.

Idky but I never could get into Borderlands 2. Dying Light is one that I liked but she was not a fan, and we already played Rayman Legends. If you have any more suggestions let me know!

I literally play games in any genre. She will play games in most genres. 

COKTOE said:
I'm ignoring the bit about the platinum and recommending EDF 4.1: The Shadow Of New Despair. It's great fun in co-op and, no foolin', I met 2 married couples during my time with it. It does have a plat, but the average plat time is I-N-S-A-N-E. Probably over 500 hours. I got mine in Just over 500. But you can play through Easy/Normal/Hardest and still have a blast. Another one I loved is Dead Nation. Granted, I liked solo mode more, but the co-op is solid top down twin stick fun. Much shorter plat run. Although the co-op makes it more challenging tbh.

Exact reason I have not played that game lol

Bristow9091 said:
Have you played Diablo III? The Diablo games are basically meant to be played with other people, lol. Also what about the LittleBigPlanet games? You can play the (short) story modes in co-op, either couch or online, and the platinum trophies really don't take too long.

Diablo 3 is a game I am considering to be the next game we play. Honestly Littlebigplanet is a series we have played but have not given as much time as it deserves especially part 3 (and I already own it lol) great suggestions.

rolltide101x said:
Xxain said:
Everybodies Golf is amazing. Get it, you'll have a lot of fun.
Spelunker World
Metal Slug X

I would say all 3 of those are good suggestions. I forgot about Everybodies Golf. Will absolutely be picking that one up

Its only 19.99 on PSN. When ya'll get good, I'll join you for some rounds.

Around the Network

A Way Out?

Quick coop plat I think.

Farsala said:
A Way Out?

Quick coop plat I think.

Probably doing that soon as well

Raymans Plat takes forever to grind out. There's cheaters that get the best scores making it only possible to get golds. You can only get two a day so you need to play every single day.

A lego game. Easy plants. Fun co OP.

You could also do PSNow free trial. Tons of co OP games on there. I didn't sub because my internet kept timing out.

rolltide101x said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
There's always Minecraft.

You are banned from the thread (jk lol). I knew I should have said "do not say Minecraft" Minecraft does not have the depth to keep us entertained. We platted it on the PS3 and were bored out of our minds.

It's cool that you guys hate the game but saying it lacks depth is crazy. It's maybe the deepest game there ever was.