By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tetris Effect - Announcement Trailer

From Tetsuya Mizuguchi and the same people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines comes the new PS4 game TETRIS® EFFECT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q

From the description:

Named after a real-world phenomenon where players’ brains are so engrossed that images of the iconic falling Tetrimino blocks (i.e. the Tetris playing pieces) linger in their vision, thoughts, and even dreams, TETRIS EFFECT amplifies this magical feeling of total immersion by surrounding you with fantastic, fully three-dimensional worlds that react and evolve based on how you play. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetris pieces themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you’re playing.

From deep beneath the ocean to the furthest reaches of outer space and everywhere between, TETRIS EFFECT’s 30-plus stages take players on a wondrous, emotional journey through the universe. The core of the game is still Tetris—one of the most popular puzzle games of all time—but like you’ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before.

Whether in full HD on a standard display and PS4, or in razor-sharp 4K resolution with a PS4 Pro, or in fully-immersive 3D via the optional PS VR support, TETRIS EFFECT’s gorgeous imagery, evocative sounds, and super-addictive gameplay add up to an unforgettable experience...and that’s literally unforgettable, as the game’s name implies.

Game Features:

- Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.

- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.

- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4 Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.

- Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.

- A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.

Official Site: http://www.tetriseffect.game/

Posted first there: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236479

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 06 June 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I never thought I’d do, but I so want this!

ooo a new Tetris game

wait, its playstation exclusive, darn

wait... its a PSVR game? how does that work?

whats with all the shapes and sh- this isnt even a Tetris game, is it.....

Yerm said:
ooo a new Tetris game

wait, its playstation exclusive, darn

wait... its a PSVR game? how does that work?

whats with all the shapes and sh- this isnt even a Tetris game, is it.....

You don't need it, but it supports VR.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Even the trailer is extremely boring, couldn't finish watching.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236479

The PS5 Exists. 

Smart move to announce the pre-show games a few days before so they get a headline or two before the big hitters take over.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I'm old enough that I can remember when the original Tetris came out. I've accumulated many games from the year 1989 over the years, but that one remains near the top of my favorites from that year to this day. (I do keep a top five favorites list for each release year.) It really was revolutionary in its own simple way! There have been many sequels and spin-offs over the years that have attempted to replicate the magic of the original, but I can honestly say that, for me anyway, this is the first one that might the potential to actually do so. I LOVE the idea of an atmosphere-driven Tetris game! Yeah, I know it's a hook, but sometimes when you find the RIGHT hook for a particular franchise, like with Space Invaders Frenzy, it really can bring back the magic of the original for you, perhaps more strongly than just replaying the original even. And I think the addition of strong atmosphere could well be the right hook for the Tetris franchise.

I’ve never enjoyed Tetris, but the nice visuals and music would make me consider it if I had a PSVR.

pitzy272 said:
I’ve never enjoyed Tetris, but the nice visuals and music would make me consider it if I had a PSVR.

It sure looks mesmerizing.