By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Tales Of Vesperia Remaster Announced For Xbox One/PS4/Switch/PC.

Bristow9091 said:
Okay, so confirmation that is IS coming to PS4... now I just need to know if it's getting a retail release!

Physical up for pre Oder on GameStop.com

PS4 https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/164367

xbox One https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/164371

Switch https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/164374

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Physical up for pre Oder on GameStop.com

PS4 https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/164367

xbox One https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/164371

Switch https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition/164374

Ah sweet, hopefully it'll be up for preorder on UK sites soon... preferably Amazon UK or ShopTo.

Sorry, I’m from the states. Can’t vouch for them. Keep checking. Hopefully they show up soon. 

bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

Well... i'm not a grinder. I go for the story and the combat was what i said. Besides aren't those mystic arts? That's not something you can use often. I would not just endure through 40+ hours of boredom just to get to the point where i can chain mystic arts.

hence why I liked the badge system. You can get those attacks far from the end of the game and without grinding. You wanna talk grinding you're talking Vesperia, and you're also talking about a lot of awkward attack styles of anyone other than Yuri (and most likely Flynn).

Well... you ae talking about end-game that goes well beyond the main story. I didn't have to grind once in Vesperia. I did have to do it in Graces cause of the difficulty spikes in the last dungeon and over reliance on team combo's to deal damage. It is what it is. You care more about that post story content than me.

Well, I'll be getting this for the Switch.

I had it for the 360, but never got past like the 2 hour mark. Not sure why, think was a different time in my life that didn't have the time to get to a part that hooked me or something. I enjoyed the movie I watched that was like a prequel to it.

But very much like the idea of a RPG like this being portable. Can see myself playing this in bed many a nights.

Best game in the series making a come back.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Hynad said:
Best game in the series making a come back.

I'm glad I finally get a chance to play it, I want to see what all the hype is about lol... to be honest I've not played many Tales games, only Tales of the Abyss 3D, Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia... and I haven't finished any of them, not due to me not liking them though, lol. I keep meaning to pick up Zestiria or Berseria and see what they're like, but meh. 

Berseria yes, zestiria don’t touch lol. Seriously that game is so bad. 

Probably worst entry ever in the series. 

Bristow9091 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Berseria yes, zestiria don’t touch lol. Seriously that game is so bad. 

Probably worst entry ever in the series. 

I was actually leaning more towards Berseria anyway, combat looks more fun and the main character looks more interesting too, lol. 

My wife just bought berseria actually today for $20. Already played the demo. So the full game should be even better. 

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

hence why I liked the badge system. You can get those attacks far from the end of the game and without grinding. You wanna talk grinding you're talking Vesperia, and you're also talking about a lot of awkward attack styles of anyone other than Yuri (and most likely Flynn).

Well... you ae talking about end-game that goes well beyond the main story. I didn't have to grind once in Vesperia. I did have to do it in Graces cause of the difficulty spikes in the last dungeon and over reliance on team combo's to deal damage. It is what it is. You care more about that post story content than me.

Well, I can definitely say we had separate experiences then. I certainly didn't need my team to do damage though it was nice to have, and I never grinded once. I just was very particular on what I leveled up through my badge system and never felt underpowered. 

In Tales of Vesperia though, if I ever played any other character besides Yuri, battles would drag out endlessly due to the AI not really using him to his fullest, and the other characters not really being able to deal as much damage or have nearly the string of combos Yuri had. I felt stuck with the character. 

But I will just agree to disagree with you. I wasn't there when you played ToGF.

Nem said:
bigtakilla said:

I'd put Symphonia, GRACES, and Vesperia as the top three in that order.

Tons of great characters in Graces that are all useful in combat. Loved the badge system, probably the best skill learning system in any game. Get the skills you want and level it up, skip the ones you don't. The dialogue between the characters are some of the best in the series IMO, usually I'll press the button for the skits, but tap through them without listening, but Graces I listened to them ALL. Last but certainly not least the story, I just loved it. The fact that the story takes place over 3 eras, their childhood, their cusp of adulthood, and the epilogue during their actual adulthood is just satisfying.

Vesperia, I really liked Yuri, but everyone else was kind of a pain in the butt to take into battle. We might get Flynn who will also be great to take into battle, but compared to loving everyone's attack style in Graces to liking only one in Vesperia kinda was a letdown, which is why it takes third. Story was also meh, interesting but not very fleshed out.

Unfortunely, don't agree.

Graces was a huge disapointment for me. It starts strong story wise but the pace of the story drops soo much. Hardly anything happens in the game. I also disliked the combat a lot. 2 big problems with it.

First, the perspective. The weight behind every slash that the 2D perspective combat does was lost, it became extremely spammy. Not only that, the other problem is that they messed up the way the damage works. It had a huge scaling factor with hits. So, no matter how cool a combo you execute, it felt unsatisfying unless your party members attacked at the same time. Alone, you hit like wet noodles. Together you hit like a truck. It felt very unsatisfying to me. I actually consider Graces to be the game responsible for Zestiria and Berseria. The combat was unsatisfying and spawned more of those. That kind of behind the character combat makes Tales of look like any other action JRPG. The 2D perspective is what differentiates the series on it's landscape and if the series wants to stop declining, it will have to go back to it.

I'm curious what about Symphonia makes you think it holds up? I played through it again on PS3 and I still don't see what people love about it. Easily worst combat of modern Tales games. My top 3 is Vesperia, Eternia, and Berseria. Xillia was top 3, but was just pushed out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Nem said:

Unfortunely, don't agree.

Graces was a huge disapointment for me. It starts strong story wise but the pace of the story drops soo much. Hardly anything happens in the game. I also disliked the combat a lot. 2 big problems with it.

First, the perspective. The weight behind every slash that the 2D perspective combat does was lost, it became extremely spammy. Not only that, the other problem is that they messed up the way the damage works. It had a huge scaling factor with hits. So, no matter how cool a combo you execute, it felt unsatisfying unless your party members attacked at the same time. Alone, you hit like wet noodles. Together you hit like a truck. It felt very unsatisfying to me. I actually consider Graces to be the game responsible for Zestiria and Berseria. The combat was unsatisfying and spawned more of those. That kind of behind the character combat makes Tales of look like any other action JRPG. The 2D perspective is what differentiates the series on it's landscape and if the series wants to stop declining, it will have to go back to it.

I'm curious what about Symphonia makes you think it holds up? I played through it again on PS3 and I still don't see what people love about it. Easily worst combat of modern Tales games. My top 3 is Vesperia, Eternia, and Berseria. Xillia was top 3, but was just pushed out.

Really? I played the GC version and the PS3 port shortly after it came out and i loved the crap out of it. Would play again! I wish modern Tales of would take notice.

What i liked? The pacing and the presentation most of all. You are not bored, you don't have to grind. The combat, the dungeons, it is all well paced and doesn't outstay it's welcome. The characters are endearing and all have very interesting fighting styles. It spans 2 worlds (something most recent Tales of games forgot was a staple of most of the series). Why is the combat bad in your opinion? I don't know how you can say that without saying (almost) all Tales of games have bad combat. The combat flows well, especially with Loyd's 2 wielding swords. The combat flows really well and the game looks gorgeous in the cell shading graphics even after all these years. What's there not to like?

I do think Vesperia is the best one. But Symphonia did a lot right. Abyss is pretty good aswell but because of the PS2 load times the pacing took a bit of a hit but it's still a very good game.

Eternia is pretty decent aswell, i can't say i disliked anything. The combat could have been a bit faster paced, but the game just never managed to wow me. There were some really devilish dungeons i would never want to go back to. But it was an alright game. I wouldn't call it a very high point, but it was good.

Xillia and Berseria are worse than trash to me. Those open fields of nothing, that spammy combat, the atempt to have realistic graphics in an anime game. Nothing works (though Xillia at least tries to stick to series roots and the combat is it's saving grace, even though it also felt more spammy with less weight on each hit). The games are slow paced and therefore boring. They checked me out from the series. Though i still bought Zesteria and i played the demo of Berseria. The combat was slightly better, but none of it was good. I have been falling for so called "fans" of the series lies. Saying Xillia is great, Graces is great, Zesteria is great, Berseria is great. There is a point where i see these are people that are just content with little and i stop believing them.

Last edited by Nem - on 16 June 2018