By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Racing Game?

Would a Legend of Zelda racing game work?

H'yah!! (Yes it would) 5 20.83%

HuaaaaAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! (It would not) 19 79.17%

Total:24

Yes and lets have a kirby game in a death space setting

Somethings just dont mix

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I think having Link in Mario Kart is enough. They could add Zelda and Ganondorf next time

CaptainExplosion said:
melbye said:
I think having Link in Mario Kart is enough. They could add Zelda and Ganondorf next time

At that point then it might as well be Nintendo Kart instead of Mario Kart though.

They could make Nintendo Kart, but probably still call it Mario Kart because that brand-name is probably too big at this point

CaptainExplosion said:
melbye said:

At that point then it might as well be Nintendo Kart instead of Mario Kart though.

Super Kart Bros.

CaptainExplosion said:
melbye said:

It practically already is.  Last I checked...

Link

Animal Crossing Characters

Inklings

...are not Mario characters.  I honestly see Mario Kart being more like Smash in terms of characters by the next mainline release.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Can't be less like Zelda than Breath of the Wild was.

No, I don't think it would work.
Not because of something like "Ohmygod, whatthefuckisthisshit?! Zeldaracinggame! Thissucks! FuckyouNintendo, vlerheiwarhiogj. (fan meltdown)."
It's not really something that there is demand for and it would be really jarring and a hard sell.
Nintendo has a lot of franchises and characters that they can take in a lot of different genres, formats, and directions; Zelda is not one of them.
Like kirby007 said: somethings just don't mix.
As far as spinoffs go, Zelda has proven it can be very successful in hack 'n' slash with Hyrule Warriors, and I also think it could pull of an RPG very well. Albeit, I think it would be better suited in the more Western style (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher) than the Japanese style (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Persona). Breath of the Wild already leans more towards that direction and that's the most financially successful and critically acclaimed Zelda game in history. But that's about it. You can't do nearly as much with Zelda as you can do with IPs and franchises with more generic, widespread, and flexible characters like Mario, DK, Kirby, Animal Crossing, or Pokemon.
I just don't think it would work. I'm not opposed to the idea. If it happens, cool, let's see how it turns out. If it doesn't, oh well. But as for it being successful and being a hit? I just can't see it.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 05 June 2018

If Zelda is going to get a really out there spin off it should be a turn based rpg or a Diablo style dungeon crawler

I have to say i think it would be cruel to make a Zelda-racer when people are clamoring for a new F-Zero, Maybe Nintendo should invest in that instead

Ewww no