By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be okay with FE:Switch taking idea's from FE:Heroes?

Sure, ruin the series some more.

No, the series has to go back to it's roots. Especially it needs to drop all the Anime clichés and actually build characters and the story into something interesting. Have conspiracy, have betrayal, have great characters. That is what the series needs more than all.
Adding RNG micro-transactions and time gates is a sure fire way to kill the series. Removing the large scale battles is also as destructive.

So, no, i don't want to see anything from FE:Heroes.

Around the Network

For me, the perfect Fire Emblem would land somewhere between Genealogy of the Holy War and Blazing Sword which, IMO, are Fire Emblem at the best.

Unfortunately (and I am well aware of this), that sort of game has a much narrower appeal to games like Heroes, Fates, and Awakening. The series is shifting further away from its strategy roots and more into RPG elements - ironically, some of the other elements that typically people like RPGs for (like storytelling and pacing) have seen a decline in more recent games.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the advancements made in the relationship systems brought over; BUT, I want those relationships to matter, like if a father/mother/wife/husband/child is killed in battle, that it will impact the story regarding those characters. Right now the games are too circled around teams of immortal characters, and I kind of hate that about recent fire emblems.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hiku said:
Shaqazooloo0 said: 

Hit Rates: I don't mind the hit rates that much but I would like to get rid of them. It's annoying when I plan out a whole route to take out a group of difficult enemies only to have one of my units miss a 80% or even 90% hit rate ruining my plan. Or an enemy unit hits my guy with an abysmal hit rate. It takes away from the strategy when theirs this much luck imo.

I could honestly say the same thing for skills too. Doing all the right damage calculations to defeat an enemy only to proc Luna and kill the guy before I even put the rest of my plan into action makes me feel like I wasted my time.

I'd rather get rid of that BS tbh.

You want to get rid of skills? I can't get behind that idea.
But they could let you unequip skills I guess.

no, skills I would want reworked. What i was referring to was the annoyance of a plan getting screwed because of it. I definitely don't want skills removed.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 05 June 2018