By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 26 May 2018

FentonCrackshell said:

Where do the PS4 and Switch stand for total sales this year so far? Total Lead of 1,498,530 for PS4. Switch definitely has a chance to catch up. Also, I don’t understand why X1 is doing so poorly compared to the other 2 consoles. Not even in the same hemisphere as far as sales go.

Last year the sales for Nov+Dec were: PS4: 7.5m, Switch:6m, And the PS4 had a disappointing December.

I think it's going to take some for the Switch to beat the PS4 by the ~2m it'll likely need. I think we're more likely to see something like PS4: 7-7.5m, Switch: 8-8.5m.

Around the Network

Someone needs to ask Alexa what the hardware numbers for the XB1 are. It would be interesting to see what it says.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Someone needs to ask Alexa what the hardware numbers for the XB1 are. It would be interesting to see what it says.

She probably doesn’t know what X1 is. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Bristow9091 said:
PS4 is at 79.5m now, two weeks until their E3 conference... will it reach 80m, or fall ever so short? :o

It's one week until their E3 press conference, not two :P

The "Days of play" thing starts June 8th though, so they might make it :D

Edit: Aaaah, I get why you said two ;)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Good to see PS4 dominating like it should do. Sony is simply the best 7nlike Wii the PS4 is dominating and gas lots of new released gamea

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

The numbers seems just like last week =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Skeeuk said:
Good to see PS4 dominating like it should do. Sony is simply the best 7nlike Wii the PS4 is dominating and gas lots of new released gamea

Sony is better than Wii, I agree!

Very commanding position the ps4 is in. Beating xbox over 3 to 1. Easily beating switch too.

Sweet more numbers and the PS4 holding strong!!!! Very nice indeed! Switch still doing well along with the XB1 compared to last year.
3DS still chugging along as well.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Yikes 3DS