By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MCV: New Boss of Microsoft Studios on Xbox's First Party Strategy

This just reminds me why I've ever hardly considered buying an Xbox product.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
I've got it! He looks like a cross between Geoff Kelley and major Nelson.

Dude we have the same talent that can read the similarities on people face LOL , you are right He  is indeed have  similar face with Geoff Kelley and Major Nelson LOL. That smug face from Major Nelson  combined with thin structure bone from kelley LOL. 

Even more live services!

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

Oh my god... now i cant unsee it...

Amazing sig!

Thanks, I tried to keep the theme going.

konnichiwa said:
Well with Minecraft surpassing 150 million, Fortnite making billions, GTAV surpassing 100 million, Activision still making a ton of COD, EA even after the bullshit with SWBII having a great year, Pokemon GO being the most profitable Pokemon game, Valve making still a ton with CS/TFII why would you focus on single player games?

Because they're the best?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

Explained it exactly how it is. Its one if the reasons i got into the Halo series, they offered some of the best campaigns around and some of the biggest multiplayer experiences at Esports and in peoples home. Hoping Halo 6 brings back those big level designs and a multiplayer that continues the games legacy for years.
MP to me is just as important as the SP.

Tmfwang said:
konnichiwa said:
Well with Minecraft surpassing 150 million, Fortnite making billions, GTAV surpassing 100 million, Activision still making a ton of COD, EA even after the bullshit with SWBII having a great year, Pokemon GO being the most profitable Pokemon game, Valve making still a ton with CS/TFII why would you focus on single player games?

Well if you use facts and numbers obviously only a minority thinks that way.

multiplayer games > singleplayer games. End of story.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Tmfwang said:
konnichiwa said:

9 out of top 10 games on twitch are multiplayer titles.
Singleplayer games will be more and more niche as time goes by.

Even mobile games have a strong focus on multiplayer these days.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
multiplayer games > singleplayer games. End of story.

I'm sure many people would disagree.

Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, all singleplayer titles released within the last 16 months, and all of them critically acclaimed and heading towards 10m+ units sold.

Multiplayer focussed/only Games can be absolutely massive (pubg, fortnite, overwatch, league of legends). But for every one that attempts it tens of games never reach success.

The past year has shown, that incredible Single Player experiences are still HIGHLY sought after and can achieve dizzying success.

"Singleplayer games > Multiplayer games. End of Story" - just like your statement, this is of zero value.