By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Sony PlayStation E3 2018 Thread

twintail said:
REDZONE said:

Seriously? Na.A conference can be anything you want it to be.I gave it an 8/10 a good conference.Imo I prefer a conference that shows me why I should buy your product,unfortunately I saw none.

Im failing to see how its a 8 conference if you feel the point of a conference is to convince you to buy the product and then you claim that they showed nothing that can

Did you not see the part where I said it was a good conference.I liked the games I saw and they showed game after game.The problem is that 90% of the games I can play on ps4.Does that mean is wasn't a good conference?No.It means that I saw no reason to buy a Xbox.

Last edited by REDZONE - on 10 June 2018

Around the Network
twintail said:
REDZONE said:

Did you not see the part where I said it was a good conference.I liked the games I saw and they showed game after game.The problem is that 90% of the games I can play on ps4.Does that mean is wasn't a good conference?No.It means that I saw no reason to buy a Xbox.

Im questioning how you viewed the conference that is all. Its a good conference but you prefer a conference where you are convinced to own the product. I mean, I suppose I can see how you are viewing it , but its just strange.

Doesnt matter I guess. Anyhow, the Sony conference can easily be better. but we will see.

And I understand where you're coming form as well maybe an 8 was too high  because the exclusives did excite me and that is what I usually look for.But that aside it was good to watch with trailer after trailer.

LordLichtenstein said:
BraLoD said:

MS had a great conference, Sony will have much less announcements, but I'm very excited for their games, can't fucking wait.
And if that Bluepoint remake is Demon's Souls... damn. (If it's LoD that's the best conference ever hahaha)
Less than 24hrs now!

To be completely honest, I wasn't all that impressed with Microsoft's showing. It as a solid 7.5/10 for me.

+ The acquisition of Ninja Theory and Compulsion Games (PlayGround Games and Undead Labs already make Xbox/PC exclusive titles).
+ The founding of a new studio in Santa Monica called The Initiative.
+ Game Pass is amazing.

- Xbox One X just launched 6-7 months ago, and now they are already talking about another Xbox.
- They didn't broaden their AAA library by revealing a new true-exclusive AAA IP, instead they focused on Halo, Forza and Gears. Like always.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk: 2077, The Division 2, Devil May Cry 5 and all the other exciting games are multiplatform titles.

Will be funny seeing people that used MS saying about no more generations talk now.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

REDZONE said:
I don't understand how some people are saying Sony has to bring it after the MS conference,lol.Bring what exactly,multi Plat trailers ?

I don't think Sony has to bring anything, they are in a good position regardless of what happens.
With that in mind, Microsoft did have a strong conference, so some individuals will of course expect Sony to 1-up them, it's competition at work.

twintail said:

A conference is more than just your exclusives. 

Besides it's for fun. No need to take it so seriously. 

Indeed. We learned allot from Microsoft's conference that wasn't limited to just games.
We learned of the codename of the next Xbox, we learned about Microsoft's streaming service that will go head to head with Sony's.
We learned of how they are expanding their development studios.

It's the little "tidbits" that you need to take note of... Because it will give you an idea of what is coming in the future,  I expect no different from Sony or Nintendo on that front.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

BraLoD said: 
Pretty dissapointed with this thread, tho.
Zero incentive to discussion or hype and minimal conversation going on.
And still no countdown.

Yeah. Me too to be honest.

I think CGI highjacked the official Sony E3 2018 thread early because mods were furious in the past when PS fans made huge pre-conference threads (like the PSX 2016 thread) attracting a lot of attention and "stealing" content from e.g. The Official PlayStation thread. The Official PS thread was/is dead anyway so I fail to see why it's a problem that PS fans gather every pre-conference news in one thread.

This was how mods contributed to the PSX 2016 thread:

Replicant said:
RavenXtra said:
How does this have to do with PSX? In fact, most of the news you've been posting is general news or things relating to other events and should have been posted in PS Nation or threads dedicated to their respective events.

It's a bit of a shame to witness this being your first post in this thread.

You gotta ask yourself, if we'd see the same amount of "general" news if it wasn't for the fact that PSX was days away. Thread would be a desert if we were only to share news that included "PSX" in the title.

Way to encourage an active community.

Thread would've been a desert without pre-conference hype and news. Just like this one is.

Around the Network
Replicant said:

I think CGI highjacked the official Sony E3 2018 thread early because mods were furious in the past when PS fans made huge pre-conference threads (like the PSX 2016 thread) attracting a lot of attention and "stealing" content from e.g. The Official PlayStation thread. The Official PS thread was/is dead anyway so I fail to see why it's a problem that PS fans gather every pre-conference news in one thread.

Nope. But nice conspiracy theory though. ;)

Replicant said:

Thread would've been a desert without pre-conference hype and news. Just like this one is.

It is what it is.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
REDZONE said:
I don't understand how some people are saying Sony has to bring it after the MS conference,lol.Bring what exactly,multi Plat trailers ?

I don't think Sony has to bring anything, they are in a good position regardless of what happens.
With that in mind, Microsoft did have a strong conference, so some individuals will of course expect Sony to 1-up them, it's competition at work.

twintail said:

A conference is more than just your exclusives. 

Besides it's for fun. No need to take it so seriously. 

Indeed. We learned allot from Microsoft's conference that wasn't limited to just games.
We learned of the codename of the next Xbox, we learned about Microsoft's streaming service that will go head to head with Sony's.
We learned of how they are expanding their development studios.

It's the little "tidbits" that you need to take note of... Because it will give you an idea of what is coming in the future,  I expect no different from Sony or Nintendo on that front.

So much for end of gen and MS not short living Scorpio... now let's see what that does to their current sales and confidence of buyers for next gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ghost of Tsushima Gameplay Demo (exclusive)                                                                                        
Concrete Genie Trailer (exclusive)
Dreams Trailer (exclusive)
Remedy Entertainment's new game Trailer
Spider-Man Gameplay Demo (exclusive)
Resident Evil 2 Remaster Trailer 
VR montage Trailer (exclusive)
Borderlands 3 Trailer
Red Dead Redemption Gameplay Demo
MediEvil Remaster Trailer (exclusive)
Days Gone Trailer (exclusive)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Trailer 
Death Stranding Gameplay Demo (exclusive)
Rocksteady Studios' new game Trailer
Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer
Destiny 2: Forsaken Trailer
The Last of Us - Part II Gameplay Demo (exclusive)

Tagging for tonight

We should be expecting a Tenchu announcement right?