By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

Well even if England made it to the final, its very unlikely they could beat France.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

BraLoD said:
It's coming home.
With 3 losses, no less.

They beat Tunisia (barely) and Panama (who played their first ever WC), and then lost 1-0 to Belgium. They failed to beat a bruised Colombia without James Rodriguez without going to penalties and were dominated by Croatia in the second half and onward of their semi final. And now they lost 2-0 to Belgium. Belgium only conceded 6 goals the entire tournament and beat Brazil in the semi-finals (on regular time), and they have the highest number of goals thus far of any team (France or Croatia might beat them there, but it's very unlikely).

How anyone could think that it was coming home is beyond me. They've had huge difficulties scoring open play goals against better sides and out of a total of 12 goals, 3 were penalties and 4 were set pieces, compared to Belgium with 1 penalty and 1 set piece goal (with a total of 14 goals overall). They never stood a chance. You need only look at the counterattacks in this last match to see the gulf in class and skill, Belgium move quickly, precisely and directly, whereas England lumber about and pass vertically for ages, allowing the opposition to come back fully. How Southgate has been dubbed some kind of genius is way, way beyond my comprehension.

Now, for tomorrow, I still think Croatia are going to lose, but I'm still rooting for them.

BraLoD said:
It's coming home.
With 3 losses, no less.

Yeah. Finish fourth at a World Cup, but I am struggling to get past that stat.

Even with a bit of spin by only counting score lines at 90 minutes, it is W3 D2 L2. Comparing that to the other semi finalists or even quarter finalists and it doesn't make great reading.

Just have to hope when we look back in the next few years it can be seen as a launchpad for what came next rather a missed opportunity that fizzled out into a damp squib.

Well done, Belgium.

Not the trip to the finals that you were hoping for, but there's nothing to be ashamed of when you take your country further than it's ever been before.

As to England; better luck next time, chaps.

Around the Network

I saw a stat, England have the second least shots on goal from open play per game after Iran. It was their set pieces that took them this far.

Kind of funny side story, a chain in Belgium made an advertisement that if Belgium scores more than 15 goals they pay back your TV if you bought it during a certain period.

Ofcourse they needed an insurance company but the Belgian insurance companies did not dare to make that bet, luckily their was one Insurance company that said
'Never going to happen' were is that one located?  Exactly in England!!

Belgium made exactly 16 goals and they made the last 2 important goals against England...Somewhere in England a company must be pissed =p.

Am I the only one who thinks that England's Dele Alli and Jesse Lingard look the same? lol

Congrats Belguim for third place.
UK is great too.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 14 July 2018

I'll be rooting for Croatia, but I think France deserves it more and will probably slay the match. They're technically superior and haven't experienced any extra time matches while Croatia had 3 already. So far, everything bodes well for France winning it. If they don't succeed tho... this will be seen as the biggest fail/missed opportunity possible. I mean, really.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won