** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
HomokHarcos said:
SecondWar said:

Most countries, particularly European and South American but also elsewhere, a popular after school activity is to go for a kickabout with your friends. This kinds street football is where young children start to pick up the game before gradually moving through the academies.

Such a gathering is illegal in China so football doesn't catch on in the same way.

Unfortunately people in the USA play basketball on the streets and school instead. Did you know soccer (as I'm sure you know it's called there) is seen as a rich person sport in the USA?

I'd didn't know that (the latter). Honestly thought football was starting to catch on due to the MLS, even if it is seen as the graveyard of champions in Europe. I think India has a similar problem which is what restricts it there.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
HomokHarcos said:

Unfortunately people in the USA play basketball on the streets and school instead. Did you know soccer (as I'm sure you know it's called there) is seen as a rich person sport in the USA?

I'd didn't know that (the latter). Honestly thought football was starting to catch on due to the MLS, even if it is seen as the graveyard of champions in Europe. I think India has a similar problem which is what restricts it there.

I should have stated "used to be" because it isn't considered a rich person sport anymore.

Wyrdness said:
Not a good game for us so far, England's problem has never been about ability but playmaking and vision (a problem we've had since Paul Scholes retired) our players would consistently make the wrong decision when they have the ball Sterling just highlighted that by running with the ball instead of passing out to the flank where someone was unmarked and he's done that several times.

Sweden have the game under control right now.

It took about 20 minutes but once England got into a rhythm they were easily the stronger side. Even the odd moment when Sweden looked threatening England defended as a team to keep them out.

The best England display I've seen in a long time. Bring on Wednesday XD

Incidentally starting my own rewrite of the three lions chorus to honour the 2018 team.

Ka-pi96 said:
MoHasanie said:

I can't remember if I predicted either :O

Russia- Croatia 0 - 2

You did, you went 2-0 for England... so nice prediction

Wow :D

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

What a beautiful day

Around the Network

This match is looking similar to their clash with Spain at the moment, Russia don't really look that threatening to Croatia going forward at all they need to step up some what as I doubt Croatia will tiki taka themselves out the tournament like Spain did.

Holy shit that just happened.

Wow, Russia is in the lead :O

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Just like that the tables have turned, Croatia looked rattled now.

From out of nowhere Croatia are back in it.