By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will it be time to stop tracking Vita?

Medisti said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Not till the end of times but at least until Sony officially pulls the plug on it don't you think? What's the hurry? It's not like there is that much hardware in that chart to begin with. If we take down the Vita simply cause it does not sell well compared to the 3DS then perhaps we should also take down the Xbox One and eventually as I said before, the 3DS and we might as well shut down the hardware chart cause we'd only have 2 systems left on it.

Why does it bother you so much to see the Vita there? Even if it sells poorly it's still officially Sony's portable system and as such it's rightfully part of that chart.

It doesn't "bother" me, lol. I was just curious since the Wii U had been removed and I wasn't around when the PS3/360 were taken off. That said, I'm going to call out faulty logic when I see it.

Yes please, if you see faulty logic you should call it out that's fair but I don't see what is faulty in my logic.

As for the Wii U, If I remember correctly it was removed to accommodate the Switch, right? I even seem to remember that the Switch was added a long time after it was released when it should have been added on day 1.

In any case you can't compare the Vita still being on the charts vs the Wii U. The Vita has no replacement, it's not taking anything else's place, if you remove the Vita there will be an empty spot whereas the Wii U was taken down to accommodate its successor, the Switch. The PS3/360 were taken down to accommodate the PS4/One so that makes sense to me. Since the Vita would not accommodate any successor if taken down, taking it down would be illogical in my opinion so I'm calling that out.

EDIT: This is my 1000th post, Yay, everybody get drunk and party till morning. As for you Medisti, my 1000th post was made speaking with you, you're the chosen one 

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 03 June 2018

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
Medisti said:

It doesn't "bother" me, lol. I was just curious since the Wii U had been removed and I wasn't around when the PS3/360 were taken off. That said, I'm going to call out faulty logic when I see it.

Yes please, if you see faulty logic you should call it out that's fair but I don't see what is faulty in my logic.

As for the Wii U, If I remember correctly it was removed to accommodate the Switch, right? I even seem to remember that the Switch was added a long time after it was released when it should have been added on day 1.

In any case you can't compare the Vita still being on the charts vs the Wii U. The Vita has no replacement, it's not taking anything else's place, if you remove the Vita there will be an empty spot whereas the Wii U was taken down to accommodate its successor, the Switch. The PS3/360 were taken down to accommodate the PS4/One so that makes sense to me. Since the Vita would not accommodate any successor if taken down, taking it down would be illogical in my opinion so I'm calling that out.

EDIT: This is my 1000th post, Yay, everybody get drunk and party till morning. As for you Medisti, my 1000th post was made speaking with you, you're the chosen one 

I wasn't referring to you, man. The post I was quoting when you quoted me is what I meant. You're cool.

Oh, man. I'm gonna pass out on the couch so hard and no one can stop me--because I'm the Chosen One. Congrats!

What’s a Vita?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Honestly, does it matter? You don't like seeing it there or something? It's not hurting you, so stop hurting it.