By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mega Man 11 launches October 2nd on PS4/XBO/NSW/PC, new trailer + amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcMSEPkDo_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEgFPupCGLA

Mega Man 11 is releasing on October 3, Capcom announced today. Rumors about the release date first emerged last week following a new listing on the PlayStation Store in Singapore.

Capcom has also confirmed the new Double Gear system. This feature “adds a unique new twist on the satisfying platforming action, offering options to enhance Mega Man’s speed and power on the fly.”

Here’s more information on Mega Man 11, along with a new trailer:

In the events of Mega Man 11, long-time mustachioed series villain Dr. Wily is back to his mischievous ways and has had a true flash of evil genius, deciding to invest in an ambitious idea from his time at Robot University where he studied alongside Dr. Light, Mega Man’s benevolent creator. Dr. Light, who also recalls this inventive idea, decides to upgrade Mega Man with this powerful prototype known as the Double Gear system, installing it into his circuits and expanding his abilities for the greatest fight yet for everlasting peace as they take on the evil attempts of Dr. Wily to conquer the world. In a new trailer released today, fans can get a first look at the all-new Double Gear system as well as formal introductions to two of the game’s new Robot Master bosses: the egotistical brick-building Block Man and the electrifying speed demon Fuse Man.

The veteran development team behind this new entry has retained the series’ core gameplay gamers have come to know and love. Jump, slide, shoot, and more through challenging stages and Robot Masters. Defeating them and absorbing their powers is the heart of the game, and swapping between all the new powers is now easier and faster than ever through a useful weapon wheel. The Double Gear system in Mega Man 11 adds a unique new twist on the satisfying platforming action, offering options to enhance Mega Man’s speed and power on the fly.

Speed Gear – Introduces the ability to slow the flow of time, a useful tool for many situations such as navigating tricky platforming sections or avoiding fast-moving enemies or obstacles.

Power Gear – Allows players to charge the Mega Buster to a new level, and weapon-based abilities become even more robust.

Double Gear – When at critical health, Mega Man will gain access to a hidden ability to activate both gears simultaneously, unleashing maximum power and allowing for deft maneuvers in the direst situations.

Mega Man 11, along with Mega Man X Collection 1+2, will be playable for the first time at E3 between June 12 and June 14.

https://nintendoeverything.com/mega-man-11-launches-october-2-new-trailer/

Last edited by Green098 - on 29 May 2018

Around the Network

I feel like an anime fan on prom night.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bristow9091 said:
Looks good, might be my first ever Mega Man game lol

Ya missing out, classic Mega Man is one of the best series ever.

I can't speak for Mega Man and Bass, but even Mega Man 8, the weakest in the classic series, was a very serviceable game, definitely try the legacy collections if you can.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Looks better than it did in the announcement trailer, it could look a bit better but hell, I'm not complaining. A modern Mega Man games is more than enough for me.

So I have between now and then to play and beat the previous 10 for the first time? This is going to be an exhausting summer.

Around the Network

I'm very weary of Capcom's shenanigans. Will they cut the content of the retail copy in half to force mandatory downloads?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Mar1217 said:

One of the guys in the comment section has voiced some people insecurities :

"I wonder if the Switch version will have the full game on the cartridge or if we'll have to download the Wily's Castle levels separately. Maybe they'll have an option where we could rent the game for 180 days!"

Dr. Wily will have two castles like in Mega Mans 4-6, but if you buy the game physically, you have to use the Mega Man amiibo to download the castle which is a 5GB update file, or else you can't beat the game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Cant wait for this! Looks beautiful

Ultrashroomz said:
Mar1217 said:

One of the guys in the comment section has voiced some people insecurities :

"I wonder if the Switch version will have the full game on the cartridge or if we'll have to download the Wily's Castle levels separately. Maybe they'll have an option where we could rent the game for 180 days!"

Dr. Wily will have two castles like in Mega Mans 4-6, but if you buy the game physically, you have to use the Mega Man amiibo to download the castle which is a 5GB update file, or else you can't beat the game.

Don't even joke about it man

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Looking good! But like the guy said in the hands on video, I do hope they fix Mega Man's running animation.

Signature goes here!