By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Which Studio Sony Should Acquire Next thread.

Kojima Productions, Oddworld Inhabitants, and any talented developers that are under recognized, financially troubled, or limited by severe budget constraints.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Kojima Productions, Oddworld Inhabitants, and any talented developers that are under recognized, financially troubled, or limited by severe budget constraints.

oddworld inhib would be a fantastic acquisitions but unlikely. they always seem like nice group of people

Kyuu said:

Not exactly "talented developers" but i wish they got IF or Compile Heart since i wanna see what Neptunia would look like and play like with a AAA budget, the series is honestly really charming and has a lot of potential but it has (as you mentioned) severe budget constraints, that being said it will never happen since the series is the definition of "niche" and (sadly) it wouldnt be worth the money and time.

Also we talked about Fate before and that would be a GREAT addition for them, its essentially their "Pokemon", and i mean Nintendo was smart enough to get that franchise before it got extremely popular, Sony however has been working with Fate for the last 3 years (before it blew up) and even before that almost all Fate games were exclusive to PS, but despite all of that they dont seem to care (even though its making them millions), its like they arent aware of the gold mine they are sitting on.

Im not even asking for them to outright buy Type Moon and make all of Fate exclusive to them, but they should at least secure some exclusives and co develop them with their first party studios, in other words pretty much what they did with From Soft which was securing exclusives, having From Soft be the main developer while having Japan Studios (sony first party) helping them (co-developing it), its also the only way i can see a high budget Fate game ever happening.

MasterThief said:
Kyuu said:

oddworld inhib would be a fantastic acquisitions but unlikely. they always seem like nice group of people

Yeah I love them. They had at least one project in mind that required a budget of around 10 million. Sadly no one wants to back them up :(

estebxx said:
Kyuu said:

Not exactly "talented developers" but i wish they got IF or Compile Heart since i wanna see what Neptunia would look like and play like with a AAA budget, the series is honestly really charming and has a lot of potential but it has (as you mentioned) severe budget constraints, that being said it will never happen since the series is the definition of "niche" and (sadly) it wouldnt be worth the money and time.

Also we talked about Fate before and that would be a GREAT addition for them, its essentially their "Pokemon", and i mean Nintendo was smart enough to get that franchise before it got extremely popular, Sony however has been working with Fate for the last 3 years (before it blew up) and even before that almost all Fate games were exclusive to PS, but despite all of that they dont seem to care (even though its making them millions), its like they arent aware of the gold mine they are sitting on.

Im not even asking for them to outright buy Type Moon and make all of Fate exclusive to them, but they should at least secure some exclusives and co develop them with their first party studios, in other words pretty much what they did with From Soft which was securing exclusives, having From Soft be the main developer while having Japan Studios (sony first party) helping them (co-developing it), its also the only way i can see a high budget Fate game ever happening.

Never played a single game from Compile Heart but I do hear good things about Neptunia. After all, Neptune is Snoop Dogg's waifu!

I hope for Sony's sanity that they're doing their best to improve their connections with Type-Moon. Maybe it will evolve over the time into the kind of relaton Nintendo has with Pokemon and Game Freak. Nintendo doesn't completely own the rights to Pokemon either.

I think it's more a case of Type-Moon not wanting to lock themselves to a single platform or a brand than it is one of Sony not caring. Though it still doesnt make sense with Marvelous games still refusing to be on Nintendo's platforms at launch. No one knows what's going on.

I honestly think it makes a whole bunch of sense for them to buy Bluepoint, like at this moment in time I don't understand why they're not already a Sony owned dev team, lol. Stick them in the remake/remaster department, bring PS1/PS2 games to the modern day... who knows, maybe they could even do a complete remake of Legend of Dragoon, lol :P

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
I honestly think it makes a whole bunch of sense for them to buy Bluepoint, like at this moment in time I don't understand why they're not already a Sony owned dev team, lol. Stick them in the remake/remaster department, bring PS1/PS2 games to the modern day... who knows, maybe they could even do a complete remake of Legend of Dragoon, lol :P

that would be one of the better choices. honestly. between that and a mid sized japan studio would be the best things to go with.

I see people mention From Software, but From Software was purchased by Kadokawa Corporation back in 2014 (They make a lot of stuff ranging from Anime, Manga and Movies). So I don't think Sony could get From Software.