By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 (UPDATE) the first two hours!

Which one is better ?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 50 81.97%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 11 18.03%

Total:61

I think that 2 is better, but both are excellent games.
If possible, buy both, specially because XCX will probably be a very rare game in the future. If not possible, just buy XC2 and have lots of fun!

Around the Network
holmen said:
I am in a situation somewhat like the OP, but my question is rather : Should I buy a switch to be able to play XC2?

I have the orig XC and love it. Never completed it and maybe never will, but it is excellent and one of my fav games ever.
I also have XCX - actually its the reason I finally bought a Wii U (XCX edition as well). I also love XCX and cant believe how it was possible to make that game work on that hardware. I bought a couple classic nintendo games for the Wii U but never really played them. I respect nintendo for their craft of making excellent games, they just arent for me.
The plan was to get bayo 2 for the Wii U but still havent bought it (have bayo 1 on ps3)
So is XC2 worth it to get a switch ? Thoughts?

Unless you have tons of disposable income I would never buy a system solely for one game. Xenoblade 2 is good but not THAT good. Maybe buy/rent it if you can borrow a friend's/family's Switch. Otherwise, if you don't like Nintendo games then the Switch isn't a good fit for ya.

areason said:
X looks like a more polished game, I'd go with that.

Yeah if only i had a Wii U xD .. the poll was just out of curiosity to see which one of the two is more preferred game. I would of course get both if X was available for the switch.

ARamdomGamer said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Thanks for responding .. well damn i guess i will have to find out for myself because i definitely want to get the game now xD It’s a JRPG so it’s bound to have some frustrations especially if you havent played a lot of them.

I have played a lot of them, this is one of the few that have frustated me as much as did.

Well damn damn .. i just hope it won't frustrate me as much because i ordered the game and it's coming tomorrow. 

😬

Jumpin said:

I’ve played both over 250 hours. My preference is thoroughly Xenoblade Chronicles X, as while I really enjoy the adventure of XC2 - it’s missing the vastness, the freedom (knowing that if you see it, you can go there), and the feeling of permanence - as in, I feel like a part of the world of XCX, something I don’t get from XC2 even close to as much. XCX to me feels like the more progressive and advanced game, while XC2 is more like a Xenosaga. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy XC2 quite a bit as well, I wouldn’t have put all that time into it if I didn’t.
XCX has two major flaws though, 1. Its UI looks like a PC game. 2. It’s on Wii U.

XC2 is definitely more for beginners though. It’s VERY linear and handholdy like the first Xenoblade and the Xenosagas.

XCX is the wild west, you’re given a gun and a knife and you have to figure out on your own (with very little handholding) how you’re not just going to save civilization, but thrive in that world and make your place in it. While there’s some general bottleneck plot points, few people will experience the game the same way as each other. That’s a bit of a brief as to why I ended up so much more attached to XCX. Also, I like the story concept more than XC2: a city from Earth plunked down on an alien planet with alien humanoids and indigens - and you basically pick your role in society - the major conflicts which mostly revolve around your city - there’s a lot of mechanics and world elements that help lead to some emergent storytelling; but also a lot of built in sub-plots which all surround the development of spciety in these given conditions from many different angles. XCX is unique and much more appealing to me.

Aside from UI, and the fact that it’s on Wii U - the fact that Mitsuda wasn’t hired for the music feels like a flaw. They got some bigshot anime composer to do the music, and he REALLY didn’t know what he was doing with videogame tracks and made so much loud music in the game that it gave me a headache. Mitsuda opted for breaks with more ambient sounding stuff, and more strategically placed themes... although I do admit I got sick of several of the field themes - I think all daytime versions - luckily with XC2 you can control the volume of different types of audio.

Controversial - but I like the Breath of the Wild approach to audio better than any game I have ever played before, a strong focus on the atmospheric sound and music for appropriate locations and dynamically attaches to various triggers in areas, characters, and events. Very sparing on loud style music, though it exists for all the right instances. I found it as immersive as I found organic. I bring up Breath of the Wild because the game is closer to XCX in style...

A. It was minimalistic in the UI department.

B. It’s on Switch 

C. It BLEW it away in the audio department - basically the polar opposite philosophy.

Interesting .. well since i don't have a Wii U there is no way i can play X and just hope nintendo ports it to the switch. But my question to you is how do you mean it's linear ??? you mean compared the XCX ? :O  

And i loved the first Xenoblade so that just sound very positive to me ;) 

I also kinda agree with you about Breath of the wild soundtrack although i think the game is lacking a bit in soundtrack some of the themes were just blahh .. i do think it fitted the game perfectly while you explore the world! I'm all for the atmospheric sounds and soundtracks it was immersive i agree but still lacking.. xD

areason said:

Don't have a Wii U .. poll was just out of curiosity. 

HoangNhatAnh said:
areason said:

If he love JRPG with deep story and fantasy themes as well as JRPG soundtrack then he can only choose 2

I love western RPG's and JRPG's but i think i love JRPG's more i was always that kind of guy i also love anime a lot ... 

But what did you mean with XCX is about gameplay ? are you trying to say XC2 is less about gameplay ???

holmen said:
I am in a situation somewhat like the OP, but my question is rather : Should I buy a switch to be able to play XC2?

I have the orig XC and love it. Never completed it and maybe never will, but it is excellent and one of my fav games ever.
I also have XCX - actually its the reason I finally bought a Wii U (XCX edition as well). I also love XCX and cant believe how it was possible to make that game work on that hardware. I bought a couple classic nintendo games for the Wii U but never really played them. I respect nintendo for their craft of making excellent games, they just arent for me.
The plan was to get bayo 2 for the Wii U but still havent bought it (have bayo 1 on ps3)
So is XC2 worth it to get a switch ? Thoughts?

Well i still don't have the game i'm getting it tomorrow but unless if you are a massive JRPG fan and i mean MASSIVE the answer is i think a definitive no IMO, it's not worth it just for that one game but luckily Switch has other great games like zelda and mario, donkey kong, bayoneta etc.. 

Rogerioandrade said:

I think that 2 is better, but both are excellent games.
If possible, buy both, specially because XCX will probably be a very rare game in the future. If not possible, just buy XC2 and have lots of fun!

I will if Ninty ports it to the Switch ! thanks for the feedback.. i'm getting XC2 tomorrow. 

HoangNhatAnh said:
areason said:

If he love JRPG with deep story and fantasy themes as well as JRPG soundtrack then he can only choose 2

I heard good things about them both, nothing will beat Xenoblade 1 however I heard Xeno 2 is good and X is okay. I haven't played two yet but iv seen plenty of X to say it looks worth it if you have the time.

Around the Network

Both games are rough in spots and both have features they are brilliant at. Hopefully XCX winds up with a remake or sequel as there are many great elements to it that deserves to be sampled by the masses.

Xenoblade 1 is the best game of the three I reckon, it has all the strengths of X and 2 but not their flaws.

Super_Boom said:
I highly recommend it, if it wasn't for Zelda it'd be my 2017 GOTY, and was easily my favorite JRPG of last year.

Probably not a popular opinion based on reviews, but I'd say Xenoblade 2 is at least comparable in quality to the first game. It has a lot more mechanics, but it does a nice job easing you into them. The story is fantastic, characters are endearing, and the OST is god-tier. I also enjoyed the art-style a lot more than the previous games. It's more animated, sure, but it also feels more timeless overall.

It also has Mythra, which is enough of a reason to buy the game on its own.

To me, Pneuma is a great mix of both main heroins

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 28 May 2018

HoangNhatAnh said:
Super_Boom said:
I highly recommend it, if it wasn't for Zelda it'd be my 2017 GOTY, and was easily my favorite JRPG of last year.

Probably not a popular opinion based on reviews, but I'd say Xenoblade 2 is at least comparable in quality to the first game. It has a lot more mechanics, but it does a nice job easing you into them. The story is fantastic, characters are endearing, and the OST is god-tier. I also enjoyed the art-style a lot more than the previous games. It's more animated, sure, but it also feels more timeless overall.

It also has Mythra, which is enough of a reason to buy the game on its own.

To me, Pneuma is a great mix of both main heroins

Dude, massive spoiler 

sub-zero-TM said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I love western RPG's and JRPG's but i think i love JRPG's more i was always that kind of guy i also love anime a lot ... 

But what did you mean with XCX is about gameplay ? are you trying to say XC2 is less about gameplay ???

XBX is quite hard compared to XB1 & 2, XB1 & 2 is different and more easier to understand. Also, in X, if you mastered your gameplay, many times you can go fight solo on your own but in XB1 & 2, you can almost never beat enemy alone, you need to cooperate with your comrades and do combo chain attack or team work