By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite on track to make $3.5BN annually.

HoloDust said:
My kids play it, personally, I can't see what the fuss is all about, I've played 3-4 games and found it extremely boring and repetitive...but, then again, observing my kids and their friends, I'm definitely not the target audience.

Yeah I stopped playing because of the gunplay but it’s definitely geared toward the younger crowd. The kids who are into stuff like CoD zombies love Fortnite.

Around the Network

This is why our games are infested with microtransactions and many devs don't want to invest in SP games anymore. So I can't say that I am glad about it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

League of Legends make about 2 billion dollars annually. Fortinite already has more twich views than League. 3+ billion dollars annually is realistic.

bananaking21 said:
I have trouble believing those numbers. I can't see this making so much more than GTA5 online.

Fortnite had 45m+ concurrent players playing the game in Jan. 2018.
by now its probably well over 50m.
not sure how many people are still playing GTA5 online.

Qwark said:
This is why our games are infested with microtransactions and many devs don't want to invest in SP games anymore. So I can't say that I am glad about it.

All you have to do is become a cultural phenomenon, and be free to play and get a few 100m player's to play your game.
Easy peasy... right?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 26 May 2018

I'm not even mad. The Fortnite concept is unique with the whole building mechanic.

Around the Network

Facts:
-the base Fortnite Battle Royale mode is free
-the upgraded Battle Pass for Battle Royale is only 950 V-Bucks (1000 can be purchased for $9.99)
-the Battle Pass allows players to earn cosmetic items by playing the game and completing challenges
-the Battle Pass also allows players to earn V-Bucks, which can be spent on cosmetics, or saved up to buy the Battle Pass for the next season (seasons last 2 - 3 months)
-All cosmetic items do not give the player any enhancements, meaning the gameplay is entirely skill based
-Battle Royale frequently adds new game modes that are only available for short periods of time, giving players constant incentive to play the game.
-Fortnite occasionally advertises new cosmetic items but never pressures players to purchase them

Fortnite is doing everything right. i do not see what people's problem with it is

Honestly i don't see how it's going to sustain its profit.

I don't see players spending on skins over and over and over.

areason said:

People have been buying skins in League of Legends for years and it generates about USD 2 billion a year with microtransactions.

areason said:

Works for League of Legends.... how many years that been now?
Fornite can last upwards of 10years just selling skins..... its gonna be big for years to come, as long as they keep supporting it.

is there a break down of systems?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...