By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won April NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBO)

Hiku said: 
CosmicSex said:

I think this is the first time I actually won lol!

What does the % indicate?

I believe it represents deviation.  An absolute value in percentage away from what the actual sales were.  So if you predicted 100k and it sold 100k your deviation would be 0%.  The lower your percentage, the lower your deviation and the better prediction you made.  

Around the Network

Also, I think we can assume that since the PS4 is outselling the Switch in its year 5 run, its going to be very difficult for Switch to ever match or top PS4s life time since Nintendo has been shown to be more frontloaded anyway. I still believe that the Switch will pass the Xbox One's life time sales BEFORE the next Xbox launches. Would anyone like to make a bet?

Megiddo said:

Rather than the PS4, how did the second year's April for the 3DS do? Since the Switch is both a portable and a home console, it should be compared to both.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

Rather than the PS4, how did the second year's April for the 3DS do? Since the Switch is both a portable and a home console, it should be compared to both.

Thanks. Looks pretty good for the Switch then in comparison.

Hiku said:
CosmicSex said:

I believe it represents deviation.  An absolute value in percentage away from what the actual sales were.  So if you predicted 100k and it sold 100k your deviation would be 0%.  The lower your percentage, the lower your deviation and the better prediction you made.  

Yeah, Kirby replied earlier and clarified that. I would suggest putting a + or - in front though to indicate whether you overestimated or underestimated sales.
You can discern that yourself of course, but it takes a few extra glances sideways and up.

If your memory can't buffer the sales of the 3 systems while looking for several people then you have an issue.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

From the ResetEra thread:

"While we are specifically talking about the US. The bigger news for me is the US market now accounts for ~70% of Xbox’s worldwide sales. That puts them at under 200k worldwide for the month of April.

The US accounts for around 35% of PS4’s worldwide market. So that puts PS4’s worldwide sales for April around 1m. Of course, it’s an exceptional month with God of War’s launch, but it’s clear Microsoft need greater efforts outside their hone market. "
- Apex88

Is this true?

Is PS4 going to 5 to 1, the Xbox WorldWide this month?

Megiddo said:

God of War, Spider-man, Kingdom Hearts 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, COD BLOPS IV

Sony is going to blow 16 mil right out of the park.

Sony have such an awesome year. Surely a permanent price cut this holiday aswell. 

Jranation said:
Not surprised! But Labo at 3rd! And DK at 4th! Wow!

Labo didn't exactly have a wow month. 

JRPGfan said:

From the ResetEra thread:

"While we are specifically talking about the US. The bigger news for me is the US market now accounts for ~70% of Xbox’s worldwide sales. That puts them at under 200k worldwide for the month of April.

The US accounts for around 35% of PS4’s worldwide market. So that puts PS4’s worldwide sales for April around 1m. Of course, it’s an exceptional month with God of War’s launch, but it’s clear Microsoft need greater efforts outside their hone market. "
- Apex88

Is this true?

Is PS4 going to 5 to 1, the Xbox WorldWide this month?

Just shows you the bigger picture. I'd well believe they outsold them 5:1 in April. The summer will be rough for Xbox WW. The xbox X hasn't turned the tide at all. And the crazy thing is xbox was cheaper then ps4. Sony have the market sussed. 

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Thanks. Looks pretty good for the Switch then in comparison.

Jan-April

3DS 2012-770k

NSW 2018-1.03m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Didn't expect VGC to be so far off.

areason said:
Didn't expect VGC to be so far off.

They’ve been overtracking XBox for quite a while.