By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Domains for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain

The tail is odd in that gif don't Pikachu's have different tails depending on their gender as this one has both traits.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
The tail is odd in that gif don't Pikachu's have different tails depending on their gender as this one has both traits.

It could that they use the same polygonmodel for both genders and then use a separate transparency layer of something similar on the tail for each gender. The gray background does look like this gif may come from something like Maya, a 3D program.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Ka-pi96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

They said it is, no reason to think they're lying. Also they already made post-Switch games for 3DS in US/UM.

They said this specific game that they haven't even announced yet is a mainline Pokemon game on Switch? When?

Game hasn't been revealed yet, but it has been announced that Gamefreak is making a core RPG Pokemon title for Switch set to release in 2018 or later. They said this last E3.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Wyrdness said:

It could that they use the same polygonmodel for both genders and then use a separate transparency layer of something similar on the tail for each gender. The gray background does look like this gif may come from something like Maya, a 3D program.

That does make sense it does look like part of the mesh is cut possibly due to being on a different layer.

Ka-pi96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Game hasn't been revealed yet, but it has been announced that Gamefreak is making a core RPG Pokemon title for Switch set to release in 2018 or later. They said this last E3.

And none of that precludes the possibility that there are also spin offs in the works for either 3DS, Switch or both.

But it does mean Let's Go being a spin-off isn't a possibility like you said it is.

Around the Network
TheGamer_1995 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

What if it isn't though?

What if it's just gen 8 Kanto remakes for 3DS (possibly cross gen 3DS/Switch release) to fill the gap before the actual Switch Pokemon game. GameFreak have continued releasing games for old Nintendo hardware after newer stuff has released before so it's not too much of a stretch to assume that it was going to be a 3DS game anyway and now the success of the Switch has made them port it to that as well.

That would be devastating.

I don't think you have to worry, if history repeats itself.

3DS released in 2012. Pokemon Black and White 2 released in 2012 for DS only.
X and Y released for 3DS in 2013.

Switch released in 2017. Pokemon Sun and Moon 2 released in 2017 for 3DS only. ( i'm calling it 2 to show similarities) 
And now the new pokemon game will only release for Switch in 2018.

carlove said:
TheGamer_1995 said:

That would be devastating.

Switch released in 2017. Pokemon Sun and Moon 2 released in 2017 for 3DS only. ( i'm calling it 2 to show similarities) 

Actually the 3DS came out feb/march 2011, So if history were to repeat itself the game this year would still be 3ds only. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

But it does mean Let's Go being a spin-off isn't a possibility like you said it is.

No it doesn't. Nowhere do they say the very next Pokemon game to be released will be a mainline entry, just that they are working on one.

Ah so you believe Let's Go isn't the Pokemon RPG Nintendo's been referring to. That's an odd stance to take given that it lines-up with the 2018 window and is described to be a mainline game. Regardless there's still no reason to think Let's Go is a spin-off. The leaks (which are how we know about the game to begin with) say it's a remake of yellow for Switch thus a mainline game not for 3DS.

I was planning on getting a switch depending on what I saw out of Metroid Prime 4, but a completely redone Gen I is very tempting. Honestly, I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 3 and watched the other gens minimally on youtube just to see if they could catch my nostalgia. I don't know yet if this will push me to a switch, but it just might.

Barkley said:
carlove said:

Actually the 3DS came out feb/march 2011, So if history were to repeat itself the game this year would still be 3ds only. 

Except Game Freak said that they are done with 3DS

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.