By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - My messages have been erased

TalonMan said:
Yes.

Unfortunately, the idiot spammer won that particular battle as I was testing and forgot my "where" clause. No messages were actually DELETED, but there is no way for me to programmatically figure out which of the 600k+ messages should TRULY be deleted, and which ones shouldn't. So, we're just going to have to live with it.

As mentioned - your "Sent" is still there, so you should be able to see most of any on going conversations you were having.

It's an inconvenience, I know - but there is collateral damage in almost any war. And with the upswing of providing a tool for moderators to mass-delete this crap, I hope we can all just forgive this mishap - it doesn't happen very often where I incorrectly wholesale delete or corrupt data (in fact, I think this is the first time in over a DECADE of working with this website!!!).

My bad - sorry... :(

No need to apologize ever, you did what you had to so its all good! Thank you for your hard work! :)

Around the Network

Thanos.

It's all good talon. Did deleting all 600k messages take some load off the servers?

Ahh, shit. That sucks. I had a message from Smeags that I was holding on to. He had given me some Castlevania recommendations. I don't think I saved it anywhere else.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Bristow9091 said:
Hiku said:

Thanks. Since it was a reply to a PM I sent, I can get the username, subject (probably) and a timeframe narrowed down to a day or two.

If it was a reply to a PM you sent, you should be able to see it in your "Sent" tab

From the looks of it, I have every message I ever sent, replied to or not.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."