By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski closes Boss Key Productions

Well, when you make a product that isn't desirable that happens.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
I never heard of those games.

So this is your fault, you monster.

JRPGfan said:
If he had made a single player champagne, Im sure he would have done much better...... Chaseing that $$$ with online multiplayer, is a risky bussiness imo.

If it catches on, it can do huge numbers, too often they dont though.

Cliffy gonna need plenty of alcoholic champagne after going through all this.

think-man said:
Never liked the guy, plus the company was just following trends. Bought nothing new to the table in the form of creativity.

The zero gravity thing seemed neat. A shame there weren't any cute anime grills in this game like in Overwatch... Just realistic-looking humans. Gross.

KrspaceT said:
Any idea if anyone is buying or interested in the I.P's? Might be interesting to see a company buy them up and do something with them.

I doubt the IP is worth anything after all this...

Intrinsic said:
Why are you guys being soft on this dude, I feel for him and all that. No one should celebrate a failed attempt, but I don't know if I am the only one that feels a lot of great devs are overated. Looking at you jaffe.....

Game development is mostly a team effort, its why people like Hido basically take a core number of people with him to any project he does. But Cliff, Jaffe....etc stumble onto a successful project, get praisd to hell and back, let that praise get to their heads then believe they can leave and tsart their own studio and all that. Then crash and burn.

Not everyone is cut out to have your own studio unless of course you have some extremely original ideas..... thats the only sad thing here IMO.

In fairness, sometimes devs go off to try something smaller in scale to limit demands and risks of said project. It's not that they're incapable, it's not like Lawbreakers was bug-ridden or anything as far as I know... Just that what they put to market didn't attract an audience.

Speaking of Jaffe, what's he been up to?

Surprised we didn't hear rumours of that sooner.

KLAMarine said:
Aeolus451 said:
I never heard of those games.

JRPGfan said:
If he had made a single player champagne, Im sure he would have done much better...... Chaseing that $$$ with online multiplayer, is a risky bussiness imo.

If it catches on, it can do huge numbers, too often they dont though.

think-man said:
Never liked the guy, plus the company was just following trends. Bought nothing new to the table in the form of creativity.

The zero gravity thing seemed neat. A shame there weren't any cute anime grills in this game like in Overwatch... Just realistic-looking humans. Gross.

KrspaceT said:
Any idea if anyone is buying or interested in the I.P's? Might be interesting to see a company buy them up and do something with them.

Intrinsic said:
Why are you guys being soft on this dude, I feel for him and all that. No one should celebrate a failed attempt, but I don't know if I am the only one that feels a lot of great devs are overated. Looking at you jaffe.....

Game development is mostly a team effort, its why people like Hido basically take a core number of people with him to any project he does. But Cliff, Jaffe....etc stumble onto a successful project, get praisd to hell and back, let that praise get to their heads then believe they can leave and tsart their own studio and all that. Then crash and burn.

Not everyone is cut out to have your own studio unless of course you have some extremely original ideas..... thats the only sad thing here IMO.

In fairness, sometimes devs go off to try something smaller in scale to limit demands and risks of said project. It's not that they're incapable, it's not like Lawbreakers was bug-ridden or anything as far as I know... Just that what they put to market didn't attract an audience.

We exist in the age where someone obtained and made use of the Bubsy I.P. Let's not be so quick to say worthless. 

Frankly if I was Nintendo and there seemed to be issues with getting Fortnight or Overwatch it might not be a bad idea to pick the two up and revamp them a bit. Add in some Nintendo stuff and amiibo unlocked items and it would probably work out.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

id say i feel bad this happened,but then id be lying to myself.

Saw this coming.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
KrspaceT said: 

Frankly if I was Nintendo and there seemed to be issues with getting Fortnight or Overwatch it might not be a bad idea to pick the two up and revamp them a bit. Add in some Nintendo stuff and amiibo unlocked items and it would probably work out.

They wouldn't really need "picking up". They could be released onto the system (albeit watered down visually for performance sake) and work from there. Both games are already on multiple systems and contain no platform exclusive content, so adding those two to Switch doesn't mean they need to start making Nintendo exclusive content. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The problem with chasing trends, you have to make the games better and more enticing than the game that came before. This has proven to be especially hard with multiplayer-focused games.

You can't just copy a successul formula and think players will stop playing their already loved games to flock to a clone. Both Lawbreakers and RH didn't have enough charisma to stand out against OW and Fortnite.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 15 May 2018

I use to defend the guy but when he personally shit on me, I knew that the rumors of him being a d-bag were true. How this guy got such an ego from having one or two games (games in which he did not sit in a room and create all by himself like say, Johnathon Blow etc.) is beyond me.

KrspaceT said:
KLAMarine said:

We exist in the age where someone obtained and made use of the Bubsy I.P. Let's not be so quick to say worthless. 

I think Bubsy was moderately successful though at its peak. LB sounds like it was a major bomb...

KrspaceT said:

I'm not sure about that. As a Nintendo fan, I tend towards cartoonier and more colorful aesthetics. OW and Fortnite have that but I look at LawBreakers and I don't see that at all. LB has a more live-action oriented aesthetic which isn't always my cup of tea.

This is very much anecdotal though of course so make of it what you will.