By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Look Into Next Gen - UNITY

I am 6 months in to learning Unity. Good to see it will hold its own in the future.

Around the Network

Visual fidelity above Battlefront 2's environments in large open world games? Yes please.

Now if developers could just put some effort into making more sophisticated AI in their games......

I came here and expected johnlucas, highly shamefull clickbait title

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:

So, here's an example of what a potential STAR WARS Battlefront 3 could look like using next gen assets and photogrammetry (which the first two already use):

Looks so good, I feel like people should see it again. Just to take it all in

Looking really nice, hopefully my extreme depression doesn't kill me before next gen so I can enjoy these graphics

Around the Network

Not that i don't know what's behind those next gen graphics, but i'm more and more unimpressed by what is achieved on the technical level.
I'd like to see more stuff like softbody physics, something that still isn't the norm. But on a more technical graphics level, no game or engine has really impressed me since Crysis, more than 10 years ago.
Witcher 3 for example still looks great, but to me it's art design for a very huge part. The technical side benefits the art design nowadays, at least in my opinion.
But hey, the first real video game i played was Space Invaders on a black and white tv...

I'd still love to see more physics work at hand, but an increase in texture detail and resolution would also be greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to see more devs giving my 1080ti a run for it's money. So far there are only a minute few out there, and they are games based from years ago, or still in development.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Tagging for when I get back to my desktop. The future of photogrammetry is tantalizing.

TallSilhouette said:
Tagging for when I get back to my desktop. The future of photogrammetry is tantalizing.

I'm already using a rock mod for Skyrim SE, that uses photographics rocks.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90426?tab=posts&BH=1

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Sweet Jesus when can I pre-order?!!??! That looks incredible! Thanks for sharing!