By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Look Into Next Gen - UNITY

Machina said:
Interesting viewing. Thanks for sharing, CGI.

You bet. :)

Around the Network

So, here's an example of what a potential STAR WARS Battlefront 3 could look like using next gen assets and photogrammetry (which the first two already use):

For comparison's sake, a screenshot from BFII on my PC:

As you can see, the differences are immediate. Lighting, texture materials, Anisotropic Filtering, and Tessellation are far stronger with the next gen stuff. It's impressive what I can achieve with a $6,000 computer, but with next gen, we'll be able to do what the first image shows at a far lower price. :)

CGI-Quality said:

So, here's an example of what a potential STAR WARS Battlefront 3 could look like using next gen assets and photogrammetry (which the first two already use):

Looks so good, I feel like people should see it again. Just to take it all in

Angelus said:
CGI-Quality said:

-pic

Looks so good, I feel like people should see it again. Just to take it all in

Indeed. This is why I want people to reconsider this graphical ceiling that's been discussed of late. We have a very long way to go before advancements cease. Very exciting times ahead!

That does look great. I'm definitely looking forward to next-gen. The push for native 4K will make it a smaller improvement than previous generations for sure, but it is still going to be a worthwhile upgrade. Hoping for 2020 releases for XB4 and PS5.

Around the Network

Looking really nice, hopefully my extreme depression doesn't kill me before next gen so I can enjoy these graphics

Not that i don't know what's behind those next gen graphics, but i'm more and more unimpressed by what is achieved on the technical level.
I'd like to see more stuff like softbody physics, something that still isn't the norm. But on a more technical graphics level, no game or engine has really impressed me since Crysis, more than 10 years ago.
Witcher 3 for example still looks great, but to me it's art design for a very huge part. The technical side benefits the art design nowadays, at least in my opinion.
But hey, the first real video game i played was Space Invaders on a black and white tv...

An interesting thing about Photogrammetry is that it can also be used to create people. Here's is a WIP of mine, for example...

I'd still love to see more physics work at hand, but an increase in texture detail and resolution would also be greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to see more devs giving my 1080ti a run for it's money. So far there are only a minute few out there, and they are games based from years ago, or still in development.

As incredible as it looks, there's still that impression of "plasticity" look to it that I can't shake off.

Though it's fun to see that progress is still being made towards this photo-realistic look

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909