By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales - May 6th to May 12th, 2018

Madword said:
Kerotan said:
God of war is doing crazy good. Another week at #1. Any titles coming out in the next few weeks that will beat it?

Detroit is the next big game, just in time to keep the Sony train going.

Detroit will not be a big seller but maybe it'll sell enough to grab a week at number 1.

Around the Network

Here's the press release.

GOD OF WAR MAKES 4 IN A ROW

14/May/2018

Sony’s PS4 ‘God of War’ takes a fourth consecutive week at No1.

Last week it equalled ‘The Last of Us: Remastered’ and so now has one more week – for a Sony published game it is now looking to beat a 6 week consecutive run for Sony’s ‘The Last of Us’ on PS3 (starting week 24, 2013), or if including PS2, an 8 week run for ‘Gran Turismo 3’ (starting week 29, 2011). Nintendo remain at No2 with week 2 of Switch ‘Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze’ and Ubisoft remain at No3 for a second week with ‘Far Cry 5’. Ubisoft’s ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ makes a return to the Top 10, climbing 9 places to No8 thanks to some promotional activity. Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘GTA V’ also climbs back in to the Top 10, up 3 places to No9, as do Activision thanks to ‘Destiny 2’, up 6 places to No10. There’s one new entry within the Top 40 debuting at No13 and that is Deep Silver’s ‘Conan Exiles’ for PS4/Xbox One. Microsoft’s ‘Forza Horizon 3’ is a high re-entry at No19 thanks to promotional Xbox One S hardware bundle deals.

Great legs for GOW. Not so good for Labo. Pretty bad, actually.

SWORDF1SH said:
Madword said:

Detroit is the next big game, just in time to keep the Sony train going.

Detroit will not be a big seller but maybe it'll sell enough to grab a week at number 1.

Depends what you mean by a big seller. Beyond did 1m in three months, while Heavy Rain did 5.3m lifetime (approx according to devs, probably done more now)...

I think beyond's story was less exciting than HR, but I think Detroit will hit the mark, its much more relevant. I expect it to do 1m+ first week.

I think it has a good shot at doing 5m+ lifetime, so again, what do you think it'll do and what is not a big seller.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Marth said:
I am more suprised about DK keeping 2nd place than about GoW beeing first again.

The best platformer then Wii U had.... and now that Mario Oddessey is the 3D platformer, those that want the 2D type, will look to Tropical Freeze.
Im not surprised its doing well.

Around the Network
Madword said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Depends what you mean by a big seller. Beyond did 1m in three months, while Heavy Rain did 5.3m lifetime (approx according to devs, probably done more now)...

I think beyond's story was less exciting than HR, but I think Detroit will hit the mark, its much more relevant. I expect it to do 1m+ first week.

I think it has a good shot at doing 5m+ lifetime, so again, what do you think it'll do and what is not a big seller.

I don't think it will hit 5M. 3M will be a good target. 

I think it will struggle to hit a few weeks at number 1 in the UK and probably won't hit number 1 in the monthly NPD.

But but it is a port of Wii U at full price! xD none of this matters! I'm glad to see the United Kingdom give DKC TF a chance !!!

On the other hand, I'm surprised that people are impressed by God of War still at number 1. This is Sony's biggest exclusive this year (so far) and we're talking about the UK, what did you expect?

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 14 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Sexy legs for GoW.

Off topic: does NPD release this Thursday?

alejollorente10 said:

But but it is a port of Wii U at full price! xD none of this matters! I'm glad to see the United Kingdom give DKC TF a chance !!!

On the other hand, I'm surprised that people are impressed by God of War still at number 1. This is Sony's biggest exclusive this year (so far) and we're talking about the UK, what did you expect?

It beat the PS4 record for a Sony published game and is a couple of weeks away matching the PS3 record of 6 weeks which GFK says it's set to beat. Why is this not surprising to you but tropical freeze being 2nd for a few weeks is amazing? 

SWORDF1SH said:
alejollorente10 said:

It beat the PS4 record for a Sony published game and is a couple of weeks away matching the PS3 record of 6 weeks which GFK says it's set to beat. Why is this not surprising to you but tropical freeze being 2nd for a few weeks is amazing? 

Tropical Freeze received a lot of negative news before its release (A port of wii u at full price, that if Nintendo had removed it from the Eshop of Wii U). Also, we are talking about the UK, territory where Sony usually dominates and where Nintendo has not been so great in sales.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 14 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10