By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do for a living?

ManLuYunXiao said:

Do cosplay costume  for living. 

https://cosplay007.com/

Wow you are talented lol. I am a rep at a health insurance company, it's pretty much hell on earth but at least the pay is decent

Last edited by Alex12124 - on 14 May 2018

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
I'm a full stack web developer. In practice, it means I'm a programmer doing front-end and back-end stuff for web applications. That said, this is my first proper job and I've only been at this job for four months, and I've already learned to hate many things here (such as PHP and legacy code). I like the place though, just not the tools. It's OK for a first job but I'd really like to get away from web development, or at least find a web dev job with statically typed languages (or at least replace PHP with something better, such as Python or even JavaScript, as much as I dislike it).

RIP

Just kidding, there's ample PHP stuff around. We have one application that's basically the face of the company running on wordpress with PHP. I hope never to touch it. Also, it's being re-written.

C# / .NET / SQL stack mainly, but other applications using JavaScript front ends (Ember, Angular, React) sometimes with RoR. 

Good industry, but some environments are utter shit. Thankfully I've found a great one and hope others can do the same.

GoOnKid said:
palou said:

Guinness? Are you sure that you're german? 

I LOVE Guinness! It all began when I used to work in an Irish Pub. Best stuff ever.

Guinness is the quintessential beer to get at the bar.  I usually order two right away.... the first I put down in one an the second for normal sipping.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I make £1000 a day working from home using 1 simple trick!!!

Actually I do basic warehouse work, loading, unloading freight.

Landale_Star said:

I make £1000 a day working from home using 1 simple trick!!!

Actually I do basic warehouse work, loading, unloading freight.

I'm there with you.  I'm a supervisor in a smallish warehouse (320K sq feet) 2nd shift.  I run our receiving and kit departments.  Alright money and some days I have enough time to get on here and do a little reading and post one or two things.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

I was always curious on what people do on vgchartz for a living.

Good thread.  Snoopy you've been a pal since i was a wee one and i want you to know you have my vote.  I wish you had ran in the U.S. last cycle, you would have been a shoe-in considering the other two main candidates.  Hell you probably would have won even with Woodstock as your VP.  I'll tell you this though if you make a serious run at it, dump that smug little yellow bastard, he could hold you back.  Just sayin'.

I'm an accounter.

Also, waste my time playing Xenoblade 2 and FIFA 18.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Ka-pi96 said:

You sure it's not the cat that is managing you?

If my life was a sitcom, I guarantee this would be the tagline.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Metallox said:
I'm an accounter.

Also, waste my time playing Xenoblade 2 and FIFA 18.

You mean an accountant? That's a job I would really be bad at, I'm not good with abstract numbers. In fact I'm not sure what kind of job I'd be good at?

Software Developer