My other E3 Most Anticipated Announcement threads
Welcome to part 4 of a planned series of these most wanted E3 announcement threads. I'm planning to do one a day, in chronological order of the press conferences (EA > MS > Bethesda > Square > Ubisoft > Sony > Nintendo).
The recent announcement that Square is doing an E3 show this year kind of came out of the left field, as they haven't done an E3 show since 2015 I believe. That year they had alot of games to announce or to show trailers for; FF7 Remake, Nier Automata, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts 3, Hitman, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Setsuna, World of Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 5. It's hard to imagine they'd do another E3 show unless they had alot of games again since they skipped the last 2 E3's. So it's hard not to be at least a little excited for Square's show this year.
1. Sleeping Dogs 2. Status: Unlikely. I have wanted a sequel to Sleeping Dogs for years, but unfortunately, after a brief stint making the MMO Sleeping Dogs Triad Wars, developer United Front Games shut down. Unfortunately a sequel seems unlikely at this point. All of Square's owned western studios are busy doing other games, and some of their partner studios like Avalanche are busy as well. The only hope is that there is a Sleeping Dogs movie releasing next year, maybe Square will want to time a new game release around the release of the movie for maximum marketing effect.
2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake release window and multiplat release. Status: Possible. Recently there have been leaks pointing to Square announcing a 2019 release window and an Xbox version of FF7 Remake at E3. For instance an Xbox version of FF7 Remake was listed in the Walmart Canada leak, a leak which insiders suggested was real, and was seemingly confirmed to be real by Bethesda in regard to Rage 2.
3. Kingdom Hearts 3 release date and new world announce. Status- Very likely. Assuming that KH3 is still 2018 like Square claims, a release date announce is looking very likely. Hopefully they will announce a new world as well, since there are still several unknown.
4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Status- Certain. Square recently officially announced Shadow of the Tomb Raider, though we don't yet know if it will be at Square's conference or now, there are some leaks suggesting MS got marketing for it which means it would be shown on Microsoft's conference instead most likely.
5. Chrono Trigger HD. Status- Unlikely. I'd love to see Chrono Trigger get a current gen release across PS4/XB1/Switch, but considering Square couldn't even get the recent PC version right, it seems unlikely.
6. Nier 3 teaser. Status- Unlikely. I'd love to see a teaser trailer for Nier 3, but report indicate it hasn't even been in development a whole year yet.
7. Avengers game. Status- Likely. Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal have been co-developing an Avengers game for a few years now. I think it's likely we'll get the first actual trailer for the game at E3 and possibly even gameplay, with a planned 2019 release.
8. Star Ocean 6 with multiplat release. Status- Possible. Square teased an announcement for Star Ocean Festival 2018, which starts in late May, shortly before E3. 2 years have passed since Star Ocean V released, so a planned 2019 release for Star Ocean 6 would give the game 3 years of development.
9. Just Cause 4. Status- Likely. 2.5 years have now passed since Just Cause 3 released, which is a good amount of development time for a 4th game. And Just Cause 4 was in the Walmart Canada leak.Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 May 2018