By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Evil corp Konami just made the most profitable year in their history

Who lose?

Konami lost 2 9.52%

Armchair Gamers/Business ... 6 28.57%

Don't care we have Death Stranding baby! 8 38.10%

Don't know anything remai... 5 23.81%

Total:21

I am glad to hear that

Thank you for the Contra series of NES and SNES days, Konami. You will always have a place in my heart.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 10 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network

Hope they put their shit together and revamp the AAA gamimg development department. I'm glad that at least they don't rely only on Pc/console gaming revenues, in the case it would be terrible for their finances.

Ljink96 said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:

"Losses".......dont think any Kojima game has really ever lost Konami money. Konami has always made majority of their money from other things outside console/PC gaming 

Well I guess losses isn't the best word, but I remember something like Konami being pissed about the development costs of Kojima's games.

Please, MGS Ground Zeros probably paid for most of the development of MGSV. Konami was just getting out of the AAA game and wanted to not look like the bad guy. Unfortunately for them, it didn't work. At least not with people paying attention. They are focusing on casuals and Pachinko machines, now. 

Good for them. Have to wonder how much of that profit is a result of their lower expenditures on AAA games. I have heard rumors that Kojima wasn't very good with budgets...

Haters are true evil.

Nothing comes out of hatred.

They are just hypocrite.

Good for Konami .

Around the Network

Delighted for them. I've really enjoyed some of their games.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Haters are true evil.

Nothing comes out of hatred.

They are just hypocrite.

Good for Konami .

*claps*

Upvoted. 

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Qwark said:
Yet my interest in this company is at an all time low. Hopefully not too many devs will follow their route.

Truth is finally coming out.

If Death Stranding flops, we will all know who was the victim and the oppressor. :)

So you want a potentially very good game to flop just so that a mediocre developer can play the victim role. If Konami actually made a good franchise aside from MGS, which isn't PES they could have sacked Kojima a long long time ago. Hopefully Kojima can work better under the wings of a competent publisher.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Qwark said:
Yet my interest in this company is at an all time low. Hopefully not too many devs will follow their route.

Truth is finally coming out.

If Death Stranding flops, we will all know who was the victim and the oppressor. :)

Well, people thought The Order 1886 couldn't fail - look what happened... It's perfectly possible for Kojima to get "too" ambitious now that he has 100% creative control, especially considering that his own staff publicly said that they STILL have NO IDEA what the game is about.. 

Gambling is great business.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.