By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Best original Xbox game besides Halo 1/2

Wow, no one's said Crimson Skies, Midtown Madness 3, Stubbs the Zombie, Mech Assault 1-2, or PGR 2 yet?

While not technically exclusives, my picks are Rainbow Six 3 and Ghost Recon 2 which are completely different and better games than the other console versions and PC.

Around the Network

For my money, Conker Live and Reloaded. No idea why it got a bad rap because I still have the original cart and I find the Xbox version infinitely better. I didn't even play it until like 2008 and I was not disappointed at all. Played through it multiple times and it still looks great.

Dead or Alive 3
Fable
Jade Empire
Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
WWE Raw 2 (the game has a number of bugs, but because of the multiplayer season mode and created wrestlers/entrances/import theme music, this has remained on the list of all-time favorite wrestling games within my circle of friends)

Crimson Skies was awesome man

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386395/mediaviewer/rm3020492800

Everyone says Rare was so great play Grabbed by the Ghoulies one of Rare's first after the deal

Veknoid_Outcast said:

If multiplat games are eligible, Half-Life 2, followed by Psychonauts and Morrowind.

If only exclusives count, Ninja Gaiden or Far Cry Instincts.

Also Oddworld Munch's Oddysee and Strangers Wrath one of the most unique FPS style games ever

Around the Network

Gotta be the original Star Wars Battlefront for me. I spent a ridiculous amount of hours on that game, especially in splitscreen multiplayer. Conquering the map by taking advantage of choke points, flanking the enemy, and digging out their strongholds was crazy addictive. The scale of the battles and the number of characters in play at once was very impressive for that generation. Never liked the second one as much, it was visually busier which made laser bolts harder to see coming and evade, plus I didn't like the heroes.

d21lewis said:
For my money, Conker Live and Reloaded. No idea why it got a bad rap because I still have the original cart and I find the Xbox version infinitely better. I didn't even play it until like 2008 and I was not disappointed at all. Played through it multiple times and it still looks great.                             

I'd go so far as to say it might just be the best looking game of the 6th gen. It's definitely in the top 5.

Splinter Cell 1 & 2.  The controls and aiming, the level design; to me the series was so much better than MGS during that generation.  And Pandora Tomorrow's multiplayer was great.

Splinter Cell wasn't exclusive to Xbox, but it was best on that console IMO.

Last edited by archbrix - on 10 May 2018

Fable The Lost Chapters was probably my favorite. Also though that Crazy Taxi 3, PGR 2, Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, and Dead or Alive 3 where very good. Also even though it wasn't exclusive the first Onimusha game was better then the PS2 version since it had extra content too bad it didn't sell well enough for the other games to also show up on the console.

There were so freaking many my mind goes for a joyride every time I think about it

kotor and splinter cell chaos theory