By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sooo...is anyone going to fix this site?

On my IPhone SE, the front page is a nuisance.  Polls are unclickable, the threads are half clickable, and you can't log in on the front page.  The only way to log in is to open a thread (from about half that work), and back door it.  Also, the front page is one super log column with far too much scrolling required.

Anyone looking into this?  I can't be the only one who's mentioned it.   

Around the Network
Seventizz said:

On my IPhone SE, the front page is a nuisance.  Polls are unclickable, the threads are half clickable, and you can't log in on the front page.  The only way to log in is to open a thread (from about half that work), and back door it.  Also, the front page is one super log column with far too much scrolling required.

Anyone looking into this?  I can't be the only one who's mentioned it.   

I think I can see a common thread here. Solution: Don't use the fucking front page.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/latest-topics.php#content

Use this and nothing else.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It works like buttered silk on my laptop with ad block plus. I suggest using the site as intended and using the smart phone for other things lol.

yes the front page is different and a pain on mobile

mZuzek said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
It works like buttered silk on my laptop with ad block plus. I suggest using the site as intended and using the smart phone for other things lol.

But the new homepage was intended for phone use.

Same about Vivster's post. Why say "you shouldn't be going there" or "you shouldn't be using this" when it's obvious that the site should be able to properly function in all those circumstances? If it doesn't work, it needs improving. It's just that simple.

If it was designed for phones, it would work better. I think they should just develop a separate, dedicated app and be done with it. Everyone would be happy.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If it was designed for phones, it would work better. I think they should just develop a separate, dedicated app and be done with it. Everyone would be happy.

It was designed for phones. That's what Trucks and Talon said. For the record, Trucks and Talon are site admins who are working on the site. That means they did the redesign. Which means what they say is true. Dude.

Anyways, I do agree about the app part. I liked VGC's old design better (though I am okay with the new one now (except the GameDB, I still don't like how that one looks)), so having a separate app for mobiles would be the best of both worlds. That said, do we really have someone who would make a mobile app? No? So, there goes that.

Why would they redesign the entire site to work on mobile and then... have it not work on mobile? Seems like something is missing along the chain link there if you know what I mean.

And I'd be happy to design an app if only I knew how. Surely someone among us does and would.

mZuzek said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Why would they redesign the entire site to work on mobile and then... have it not work on mobile? Seems like something is missing along the chain link there if you know what I mean.

And I'd be happy to design an app if only I knew how. Surely someone among us does and would.

Because shit happens. I mean, it's like saying just because a game is bad, it was never designed to be good. This is the world, people try doing stuff and sometimes it doesn't work. I'm sure Trucks either didn't fully test the new layout on mobile, or it did work on his phone despite not working properly for other people.

I'm glad you're hopeful about an app, though, I'm certainly not.

I'm not hopeful... I've been coming here far longer than my profile says and it's never happened. It probably never will. Doesn't mean there's any excuse for it NOT happening though. I mean, have you searched the app store lately? There's apps for just about the stupidest shit on earth. Certainly a site this size deserves its own little app by now lol.

Simply put not everyone is having the same issues you describe. On my s7 i can use the poll and open threads. Try a different browser or see if it works on a different device ( hey applecare )
The scroll thing is just personal preference.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm also having trouble clicking on threads, also with music playing and being unable to stop it. If im listening to music on Spotify I simply don't visit the site.