By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sooo...is anyone going to fix this site?

one day one day lol.

Around the Network

i concur that that the front page is currently not working well on mobile. one of my biggest gripes is i can almost never click on my account and go to my user page. it just doesn’t respond most of the time.

i also don’t really enjoy the massive amount of scrolling associated with the front page. in all honesty i preferred the desktop layout on mobile to this current “mobile” site layout.

Question is anyone of you using adblock ?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Seventizz said:

On my IPhone SE, the front page is a nuisance.  Polls are unclickable, the threads are half clickable, and you can't log in on the front page.  The only way to log in is to open a thread (from about half that work), and back door it.  Also, the front page is one super log column with far too much scrolling required.

Anyone looking into this?  I can't be the only one who's mentioned it.   

the same, i thought it has to do with my smartphone, but now it seems i'm not the only one

Is there really a big problem with mobile? I mean, the front page seems kinda cramped, but otherwise, nothing has changed for the worse for me.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
mZuzek said:

But the new homepage was intended for phone use.

Same about Vivster's post. Why say "you shouldn't be going there" or "you shouldn't be using this" when it's obvious that the site should be able to properly function in all those circumstances? If it doesn't work, it needs improving. It's just that simple.

If it was designed for phones, it would work better. I think they should just develop a separate, dedicated app and be done with it. Everyone would be happy.

seriously you think given the quality of the site that they could develop a usage mobile app? this site is barely usable in a browser and even then only with an ad blocker installed.

I thought it was the ads causing the problems for you guys but after testing it on Chrome and Firefox on Android with the ads on the only problem I've encountered is the poll of the week not showing up properly on Firefox. Apart from that, all threads are clickable, I was able to login from the front page easily, once logged in you have the option to have forum threads first if that's what you're most interested in.

So to further test things out, I'll have to request screenshots and the details of the browser and phone used to access the front page because I can't fix what I can't see.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 08 May 2018

Signature goes here!