By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Why wouldn't they include 3rd party sales? That's Amazon getting a cut of the sale without them needing to supply the product. Whereas when it comes to them purchasing inventory from Stock, there seems to be a dispute about their wholesale price. It happened with Sony/Aniplex anime Blurays a year or so ago and lasted a few months before it went back to normal.

Around the Network

From what I Have heard, the Sony Amazon dispute is all about streaming. Sony have lined up a deal with Disney to provide content, which will lessen shows and films on Prime. Chances are this will only escalate, not diminish.

I've always said the US needs online good competition, like in the UK. It's a shame, but unless Amazon changes the "well we will show you," attitude, then using Amazon as a good shower of trends is pretty much over.

GribbleGrunger said:
If this was a dispute between Amazon and Sony, you would have to conclude it's Sony that are refusing to stock Amazon and not Amazon refusing to stock PS4. If it WAS amazon refusing to stock the PS4 then you'd think they'd double down on it and not allow for 3rd party sales of the PS4. I don't think we can conclude anything yet but I also don't think we can ignore E3 is coming soon.

Nah, Amazon wouldn't stop that.  Their personal embargo does plenty of damage and those 3rd party sales make Amazon easy money.  And besides, these third parties will keep buying from Sony anyway, being the marketplace they sell them on lets Amazon still make money on them.

It's pretty much assumed Amazon was the one who refused to stock 3DS and Wii U sustems but they allowed 3rd party sellers.  And the assumption was always Amazon playing hardball to try and get a better deal out of Nintendo.  Could be a similar scenario.  Or some other petty thing.

Jaxyfoo said:
From what I Have heard, the Sony Amazon dispute is all about streaming. Sony have lined up a deal with Disney to provide content, which will lessen shows and films on Prime. Chances are this will only escalate, not diminish.

I've always said the US needs online good competition, like in the UK. It's a shame, but unless Amazon changes the "well we will show you," attitude, then using Amazon as a good shower of trends is pretty much over.

That explains why I can't buy Hulu gift cards on Amazon.

Nuvendil said:
GribbleGrunger said:
If this was a dispute between Amazon and Sony, you would have to conclude it's Sony that are refusing to stock Amazon and not Amazon refusing to stock PS4. If it WAS amazon refusing to stock the PS4 then you'd think they'd double down on it and not allow for 3rd party sales of the PS4. I don't think we can conclude anything yet but I also don't think we can ignore E3 is coming soon.

Nah, Amazon wouldn't stop that.  Their personal embargo does plenty of damage and those 3rd party sales make Amazon easy money.  And besides, these third parties will keep buying from Sony anyway, being the marketplace they sell them on lets Amazon still make money on them.

It's pretty much assumed Amazon was the one who refused to stock 3DS and Wii U sustems but they allowed 3rd party sellers.  And the assumption was always Amazon playing hardball to try and get a better deal out of Nintendo.  Could be a similar scenario.  Or some other petty thing.

It's kinda weird reading about these conspiracies since Nintendo is more of a Japanese-centric company compared to Sony, which has tried being more of a worldwide brand with all of their products for a long time now. 

Around the Network

The heck is Battlechasers?

Megiddo said:

Seems western anime rpg.

The battle scene looks pretty good.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/battle-chasers-nightwar

Megiddo said:

From what I understand it's like a cross between Diablo style dungeon crawling and a JRPG. 

KH3 is at 92 and 1.5+2.5 is back at 98. WOO!!!!

It's funny to see a new release for Nintendo Switch to creep up to the top of the chart each week. In a good way obviously