By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Resident Evil 4 - Which Was Better?

Which was better (at their time)?

God of War 4 23 39.66%

Resident Evil 4 35 60.34%

Total:58

Both are similar games, both the pinnacle of their franchise, so which did you prefer? RE4 (at the time you played it) or God of War 4?

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Having the same camera perspective doesn't mean their similar.

No ****. They're similar in many different ways, almost like a spiritual successor.

Resident Evil 4 felt like I was playing the future. GOw 2018 feels like I'm playing a really good game.

That's all I can say for now.

RE4 and its not even close.

I haven't played Resident Evil 4, or any Resident Evil games, so i'm going to have to go with Resident Evil 4.

Around the Network

Considering I think RE4 the worse thing they ever done to RE, then it will be hard for me to consider GoW4 below it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RE4 (when I played it) is better. I beat that game probably 10 different times on different difficulties. GOW is better now but I have no urge to play it over. I did everything, platinumed and loved it but it’s not on that level for me.

Well i guess they were both a pinnacle change in their franchises is where i see the common connection to the two.

For me RE4 but that may be because it was a huge shift in what gaming was back then. In today;s world we are spoiled too much lol.

I don't really understand the metrics of the comparison.

That said, RE4 had a huge impact on gaming, so I guess that. It also impressed me more at the time.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

GOD4 is the closest thing RE4 has ever received for direct sequel.