By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Resident Evil 4 - Which Was Better?

Which was better (at their time)?

God of War 4 23 39.66%

Resident Evil 4 35 60.34%

Total:58
contestgamer said:
GOD4 is the closest thing RE4 has ever received for direct sequel.

So, God of War 4 is the direct sequel to Resident Evil 4? That's an interesting plot twist.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:
GOD4 is the closest thing RE4 has ever received for direct sequel.

So, God of War 4 is the direct sequel to Resident Evil 4? That's an interesting plot twist.

No, but you know what I mean. It's as close as you'll get to a sequel to re4.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

What about The Evil Within?

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Well I didnt really think that was a good game. I see the similarities, but it really lacks the polish. I mean the thing that set RE4 apart was that it was probably the most polished game of its time, a technical marvel. Evil within not so much. GOW for is both style+ quality like re4 was. Not as good, but in the ballpark.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well I didnt really think that was a good game. I see the similarities, but it really lacks the polish. I mean the thing that set RE4 apart was that it was probably the most polished game of its time, a technical marvel. Evil within not so much. GOW for is both style+ quality like re4 was. Not as good, but in the ballpark.

I really enjoyed it myself.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Did you play RE4? What'd you think of it? And when did you play it?

I really like RE7 though. Second half was pretty weak, but f they can make a sequel that's like the first half of RE7 that would really be something good.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

I really like RE7 though. Second half was pretty weak, but f they can make a sequel that's like the first half of RE7 that would really be something good.

Yes, I played RE4, before The Evil Within came out.

*me right now wondering if I own The Evil Within*

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yes, I played RE4, before The Evil Within came out.

Did you play Re7? Did you like it.

I guess you played RE4 pretty late. I think it's still a good game by todays standards, but it's probably not going to seem as good as it did at the time of its release. I havent played it in 10+ years, I should probably try it again see how it holds up. 

Alien Isolation was pretty savage too. Loved that one, although it became a bit repetitive. With headphones though the atmosphere is amazing.