By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Resident Evil 4 - Which Was Better?

Which was better (at their time)?

God of War 4 23 39.66%

Resident Evil 4 35 60.34%

Total:58
contestgamer said:
GOD4 is the closest thing RE4 has ever received for direct sequel.

I hope it isn't because I don't want to hate it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

All this love for RE4 in this thread!..

*sniff*

Brings a tear of pride to my eye!

How did you compare them? Just for your poll’s sake, I’ll pick which one I only played for now, and that’s RE4, even so, the game was pretty good and fun when I played it.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

They are both great, niether better than the other. They are two completely different games lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I didn't enjoy resident evil 4 and never got to finish it. I loved the first 3 and code Veronica but 4 just felt different. Gow Im having a blast

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Considering I think RE4 the worse thing they ever done to RE, then it will be hard for me to consider GoW4 below it.

Blasphemous! *mean mug*

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

RE4 was ridiculously ahead of it's time and still has awesome targeting gunplay that feels better than most modern games.  God of War "4" is a really great game with awesome presentation, but I already feel like it's overrated.  I played RE4 through completion and then for about a year after because I kept going back to Mercenaries mode.... so fun.  I finished God of War a couple days ago and don't see myself going back.  God of War's graphics and gameplay don't impress me like RE4 did at the time.  I don't want to detract from God of War's greatness, but I don't feel like it will have nearly the legacy that RE4 has til this day.

It's difficult to put myself in the mindset of my younger self, when gaming was taken less for granted and felt fresh, but if I HAD to, I'd go for RES4.

The PS5 Exists. 

I haven't played GoW4 yet, but it has to be pretty damn revolutionary if it wants to stand next to RE4. For the industry, RE4 was one of the most important games of all time.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

massimus said:
RE4 (when I played it) is better. I beat that game probably 10 different times on different difficulties. GOW is better now but I have no urge to play it over. I did everything, platinumed and loved it but it’s not on that level for me.

This for me as well, minus the platinum trophy. God of War is top-tier, but it's also very similar in feel and design to a lot of other if less-polished games that have come out in recent years. Resident Evil 4 was unlike anything I'd ever played up to that point, and I couldn't stop playing it and replaying it for years, including buying the Wii re-release on Day 1 and playing through it multiple times again. In fact, I might go play it again right now, lol. God of War is like the Last of Us to me. Great game, loved the experience, but I'm done with it.